By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hopefully, I will be able to start playing XC3 tonight. Couldn’t play last night because i drank two beers in celebration for the release and thus got slow in the brain and unfocused.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

I'm just on the first chapter but I can say a few things already.

Tutorials are more hand holdy than the first and 2nd game in some ways but they really wanna make sure everyone can take their time to understand every system. They even got a training drills mode to freely practice the mechanics learned.

From the barebone combat mechanics I touched this far, I can feel myself entering a kind a flow state later when more options are available. Getting excited to play around with all the specifications involved.

Story is truly going for a more somber tone and it's quite unapologetic about it. You could be shocked by some of the first cutscenes violence. I feel like this is going to be one those games testing the limits of what a Teen rating means in this day and age.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

So far so good for Xenoblade 3.

The world is interesting enough that I'm engaged in the story right from the start. I really want to explore the world and learn more about it, which is key for an RPG.

The combat is... fine. With only three arts, and without the blade swapping mechanics from Xeno 2, it feels a bit dumbed down. I would assume some twists are going to be thrown my way. Absolutely love that they now tell you where your character is in relationship to the enemy.

Not much else to say so far.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting review bombed, some of them even directly say they haven't played it yet and others basically say the absolute opposite of the positive reviews and people on this site. One guy apparently already finished it. Like is that even possible in that time frame, less than 60 hours after release? Haven't seen such petty trolling in a long time.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 31 July 2022

Kakadu18 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting review bombed, some of them even directly say they haven't played it yet and others basically say the absolute opposite of the positive reviews and people on this site. One guy apparently already finished it. Like is that even posdible in that time frame, less than 60 hours after release? Haven't seen such petty trolling in a long time.

Welp, no way. It was obviously gonna get the treatment. Though, user scores aren't much of an indicator most of the time so you don't have to bother with it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Kakadu18 said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is getting review bombed, some of them even directly say they haven't played it yet and others basically say the absolute opposite of the positive reviews and people on this site. One guy apparently already finished it. Like is that even posdible in that time frame, less than 60 hours after release? Haven't seen such petty trolling in a long time.

Welp, no way. It was obviously gonna get the treatment. Though, user scores aren't much of an indicator most of the time so you don't have to bother with it.

Probably being review bombed by brain-dead kids who've been wasting their time with Fortnite and it's stupid dances.

https://youtu.be/LgXMLRRePio

I think this is the best XC3 trailer.

So far XBC3 is easily the best in the series not because it is new but the are aspects in it that will make going back to prior games difficult. Combat alone will make it harder to play the older games, just got the second hero class, the party wide management of all characters plus the hero of your choice is a lot more involving than one would think.

Did you guys hear? Lanz wants something a bit meatier.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 01 August 2022

So far XC3 is the worst in the series, not counting X for obvious reasons. "Worst" is relative though, because the other two games belong to the cream of the crop of best JRPGs ever made. My party is at level 40 now.

My two main gripes are:

1. The battle system: No matter how cool it is to fight with seven characters at once, I don't understand why they nerfed the auto-attack. XC2's three-hit-combo system provided the constant decision-making if you rather stay put and maximize the damage or reposition yourself in preparation for the next execution of a technique. It also took a bit too long to unlock the ability to link plain techniques together; "plain" means that I am not talking about the limited fusion techniques. The same can be said about the things you can do with chain attacks.

2. The music: It's not that it's bad, but it's definitely less memorable than in the two predecessors. That goes for both the field music and during cutscenes. This makes the story feel like it just drags on without having those big defining key moments that the first two games had.

But the game world is huge, so I don't put it past the developers that things will begin to pick up dramatically once I am past the first half of it. I want to make it clear that I don't feel like I want to play something else. All I am really saying is that XC3 has yet to meet the very high bar that has been set by the first two games.

Now for some trolling: Among the reasons why people claimed that XC2 was rushed was the map screen which originally made you select the titan you are on and only then the travel point you wanted to go to could be selected instead of bringing up the current area instantly. So now XC3 is a game that was rushed because I can't switch to other areas via the ZR+X shortcut, so I have to open the map screen from the main menu whenever I want to go somewhere else. This game sparking sucks.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments