By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People's reaction to negative Zelda reviews reminded me of this gem.

Mnementh said:
Jpcc86 said:

Isnt that Illegal tho. 

Peaceful <> legal

violent <> illegal

Thats obvious. As it should be obvious its not my point. 

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
I only played Zombi U after it was ported to the PC. It was not a bad game by any means, but it was a bit on the mediocre side. The atmosphere was pretty good but gameplay wise... I dont know, I constantly felt it was missing stuff, and the control scheme was icky (I played it with keyboard/mouse I think). Maybe I will give it another chance seeing that the game is now ~15 euros or less on the PS4 at my local store.

My question is: does it get better after the first couple of hours?

It sure does. But one key element of ZombiU was the way it uses the Gamepad. Without the Gamepad´s features the game loses a lot of its personality.

It doesn´t have much of a story, though. It´s all about atmosphere and challenge.

Jpcc86 said:
Mnementh said:

Peaceful <> legal

violent <> illegal

Thats obvious. As it should be obvious its not my point. 

I'm not sure a DDOS is always illegal. It depends on jurisdiction. Mostly it is probably illegal if used for fraud or something like that. Other than that laws are inconsistent around the world. Thing is too new I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Fans will always react negatively to reviews that rate their favourite games low so not really surprising

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

hunter_alien said:
I only played Zombi U after it was ported to the PC. It was not a bad game by any means, but it was a bit on the mediocre side. The atmosphere was pretty good but gameplay wise... I dont know, I constantly felt it was missing stuff, and the control scheme was icky (I played it with keyboard/mouse I think). Maybe I will give it another chance seeing that the game is now ~15 euros or less on the PS4 at my local store.

I myself really enjoyed it. It made me think of the older resident evil games as a FPS. 

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
What baffles if the condescending attitude and fake moral superiority of many users in this site who were clearly not interested in Zelda in the first place.

It's also somewhat amusing when you don't get caught up in an argument with them.

Rogerioandrade said:
hunter_alien said:

It sure does. But one key element of ZombiU was the way it uses the Gamepad. Without the Gamepad´s features the game loses a lot of its personality.

It doesn´t have much of a story, though. It´s all about atmosphere and challenge.

Ah I see. I taught it would be something like that considering that during presentation the gamepad seemed like an integral part. Still might give it a shot when it drops under 10

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

irstupid said:
think-man said:
It was hardly a negative review though. 7/10 is still considered good.

It's not the number its the content.

Did he lie or something?

I'm also pretty sure that 99% of outraged people don't know the content aside from the score at the end.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
irstupid said:

It's not the number its the content.

Did he lie or something?

I'm also pretty sure that 99% of outraged people don't know the content aside from the score at the end.

Exactly.None of the fans care about the review itself it's all about the score at the end.

Renna Hazel said:
The problem with certain reviews is that they have blatantly incorrect information listed as negative aspects of a game. It's not so much the score as it is the content of the review, which in Jim's case, had a lot of misinformation in it. With that said, people should just accept his bias and move on. Not everyone is going to be fair.

What kind of misinformation was there in Jim's review?

How can he have bias when he says that he generally likes Zelda games, but BotW simply isn't his *favorite* Zelda game due to some weaknesses? Do you understand that positive bias is a problem as well? There are people who think that Nintendo games or Zelda games (made by Nintendo) are perfect by default, and that is simply not true. These same people are now attacking someone who dares to not give the game the 10/10 that it "should" get? Are you frigging kidding me? DDossing and whatever, that's just childish and petty. A dick move in any circumstance. Unbelievable. It seems that the main thing for these people is not to enjoy their Zelda, but to force all others to praise it too, lest they be punished. What's wrong with these people? Are they *that* scared for Nintendo's future that they would do literally anything to make sure that there's no criticism?