By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People's reaction to negative Zelda reviews reminded me of this gem.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/

Gamespot literally contradicts themselves multiple times in Zombi U's review, they basically gave it a 4.5/10 because they thought that the survival horror game had "too many survival elements in it" and not enough action lmao.

Around the Network

Eerily familiar those comments.

I still don't understand though how a score at the end would make a review bad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Reviewers are always interesting because unlike film critics or music critics in large people who review games aren't really that good at hiding bias be it pro or negative. Jim clearly has a huge bias in the negative. However some have pro bias.  Given for me it easier to accept positivity over negativity.

Acevil said:

Reviewers are always interesting because unlike film critics or music critics in large people who review games aren't really that good at hiding bias be it pro or negative. Jim clearly has a huge bias in the negative. However some have pro bias. 

Bias makes it sound so negative. You should call it preferences.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I only played Zombi U after it was ported to the PC. It was not a bad game by any means, but it was a bit on the mediocre side. The atmosphere was pretty good but gameplay wise... I dont know, I constantly felt it was missing stuff, and the control scheme was icky (I played it with keyboard/mouse I think). Maybe I will give it another chance seeing that the game is now ~15 euros or less on the PS4 at my local store.

My question is: does it get better after the first couple of hours?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
vivster said:
Acevil said:

Reviewers are always interesting because unlike film critics or music critics in large people who review games aren't really that good at hiding bias be it pro or negative. Jim clearly has a huge bias in the negative. However some have pro bias. 

Honestly it is a bias. You can prefer musuo game but still put bias aside. You can honestly hate a company and do the same. I hate EA but if someone asked me to play a game of theirs I would put my hate of EA aside.

ZombiU is one of my favourite games of all time.. I get why some people did not like it, but for horror/survival fans this is as good as it gets. This is for me in the same league as Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth, Alone in the Dark (original), Blair Witch Project 1 and The Thing :)

Acevil said:
vivster said:

Honestly it is a bias. You can prefer musuo game but still put bias aside. You can honestly hate a company and do the same. I hate EA but if someone asked me to play a game of theirs I would put my hate of EA aside.

Which is what Jim did. All points in his review are valid opinions and the score reflects what's written in it.

He's not the guy who would let hate for a company come in the way of a proper critique. He gave MGS5 a 9/10 and he hates nothing more than Konami. Nintendo doesn't even come close to his disdain of Konami.

Always seemed to me that people were strangely harsh on Zombi U, especially given they later seems to enjoy the same game once it was ported off the Wii U.

vivster said:
Acevil said:

Which is what Jim did. All points in his review are valid opinions and the score reflects what's written in it.

He's not the guy who would let hate for a company come in the way of a proper critique. He gave MGS5 a 9/10 and he hates nothing more than Konami. Nintendo doesn't even come close to his disdain of Konami.

Yes, btu MGS5 is not Konami, it is Kojima. Let's see his reviews of any Konami game after Kojima left.

But the reason his review is being lambasted is not the 7 score. I and many others could care less about the 7. I mean there are lower scroes and the game is still a 97. Not many games can say that.

The reason he is being lambasted is because of the falacies in his review. He comes off, and always does, as a condescending jerk. He talks like he is superior to everyone else and all other reviewers adn gamers are blinded and wrong and he will tell us how he is right. Whether that is schtick or how he truly is, the point is, if you are going to come off like that you need to make sure there are no holes in your argument. There are a ton of holes in his critiques for this game. And any factual things are in the total nitpick area. Then the fact he comes out with a jimquisition less than a day after his review further proves he gave the score on purpose to get a reaction.

See I don't give a crap about the 6/10 or the other low one. Whatevs. They are nobody sites and as I said the game is a 97. Dont' care if 97 or 98, I have the game and I love it. But this Jim guy is a known bigger guy and thus its annoying when a person who shoudl be professional is doing a click bait. But I guess look at our MSM, they are click bait machines.