By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman Vs Superman is at 872.66 million WW- Final update, with some DVD/Blu-Ray sale charts

Rating?

10 2 6.67%

9 3 10.00%

8 9 30.00%

7 3 10.00%

6 3 10.00%

5 1 3.33%

4 3 10.00%

3 2 6.67%

2-1 2 6.67%

See results 2 6.67%

Total:30

apparently it opened up to 166m, 4-5m below orginal estimate of 170m+

also had the worst friday to sunday drop of any super hero movie

hopefully word of mouth from fans will pick it up next weekend. My prediction is still strong at 700m WW.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Darc Requiem said:

You and I have different definitions of indirect. If you aim higher caliber machine guns at someone and fire them, it isn't indirect. Indirect would be the deaths caused by battle between Superman and Zod in MoS. Superman was targeting Zod but others died during their battle. 

Except in his batmobile, he doesnt aim anyone ( unless you talk about the scene where he grabs a guy who doesnt want to let go his gun and keeps shooting but kills nothing since batman aim the good parts)

Based on your definition, like i said, others batman killed many more people.

Batman fired his machines guns directly at Lex's goon that was on the gatling gun. That wasn't indirect. He harpooned a car and slammed it on top of another car. That wasn't indirect. Honestly he reminded me of Flashpoint/Thomas Wayne Batman in this movie. Which is fine, but don't give this nonsense about "indirect" kills. You fire a deadly weapon at someone and they die...it's not indirect. if he had shot out a guys tires and their car careened into someone else that would be indirect.

spurgeonryan said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

So word of mouth should actually be decent.

Then it had a huge opening weekend, held back by Easter imo.

Fun fact, Walmart is up this year in Easter sales, so Americans went big on Easter this year. More Eastering praising thw resurrection of bunnies everywhere and less movie viewing.

Looks like word of mouth is hurting it.

http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-box-office-record/

Batman v Superman has apparently set the worst Friday-to-Sunday domestic box office drop rate for a superhero movie ever.

So is the topic gonna be updated to reflect accurate information?

Darc Requiem said:
Aerys said:

Except in his batmobile, he doesnt aim anyone ( unless you talk about the scene where he grabs a guy who doesnt want to let go his gun and keeps shooting but kills nothing since batman aim the good parts)

Based on your definition, like i said, others batman killed many more people.

Batman fired his machines guns directly at Lex's goon that was on the gatling gun. That wasn't indirect. He harpooned a car and slammed it on top of another car. That wasn't indirect. Honestly he reminded me of Flashpoint/Thomas Wayne Batman in this movie. Which is fine, but don't give this nonsense about "indirect" kills. You fire a deadly weapon at someone and they die...it's not indirect. if he had shot out a guys tires and their car careened into someone else that would be indirect.

Okay but then if it'sn ot indirect, Batman of Nolan or all the previous Batman movies have him killing people directly in his batmobile, and in a much horrible way since some are just on foot while he is in his batmobile.

So i dont know why everyone is whining about that like if it was something new in Batman movies

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Darc Requiem said:

Okay but then if it'sn ot indirect, Batman of Nolan or all the previous Batman movies have him killing people directly in his batmobile, and in a much horrible way since some are just on foot while he is in his batmobile.

So i dont know why everyone is whining about that like if it was something new in Batman movies

In BvsS, Batman is clearly like "I want to kill these people now so I throw this car on the other car to crush those in it" and in the other movies he clearly doesn't have this "I want to kill these guys now" thinking. 

Not that I really care about this but I saw a clear difference when I saw BvsS and how Batman thinks about killing people. 

Batfleck was fantastic. His scenes felt like they were directed completely differently than the rest of the film. The action in those scenes was visceral yet coherent. The acting was top notch between him and irons. They should have done a solo batman film before having him meet superman.

This film as a whole though was completely disjointed. It was 4 movies crammed into 1 trying to set up 3 more movies.

Gadot was flat in both facial expression and delivery. She was only in there to set up her solo film as they barely had her speak and then join the final fight just to have something for the trailer and a trinity shot to linger on. If they NEEDED to have her in there they just should have had the party scene and Bruce send her the pic in a post credits scene.

Eisenberg was as miscast as he seemed at first. Way over the top and clashing with the style of the rest of the film with his approach.

The main flaw is direction. Superman gets the shaft as he gets a random jumble of scenes while batman and lex actually set up the finale. Lois is only there to be put in peril. Doomsday pops out at the last moment and sounds like the cave troll as well as looking like it.

DC should have done a batman solo flick where someone good turns evil. This gets us to care about his character more and allows us to understand why he wouldn't trust Supes. Then get rid of Wonder Woman in the final fight of this film. Have her teased after the credits. Have lex actually be clever and CAUSE something because the world liking superman slightly less did nothing when batman was going to challenge him anyway!

The warehouse fight and bat mobile chase are the highlights. The lowlights are the Nuke scene (which was only there to pay homage to TDKR), the funeral which meant nothing because the only time they had met was to kill each other and the dialogue was terrible and forced at the end, and the doomsday fight which was effects being mashed together with no care or direction and editing that will make you roll your eyes.

Why were Batman and Wonder Woman at his Kansas funeral? One was trying to kill him until 10 minutes before his death and the other spoke like 3 words to him. They didn't know him or have time to care about him. They were just strangers fighting with each other. Such a waste of a moment that should have been saved for WAY down the line when it would have been emotional and the other characters would have had something to care about. DC used all their best guns and they have fallen flat on their face. Now just the B list characters get to join JL and the funny part is their movies will probably all be better than Snyder's lol

I am Iron Man

Batman vs Superman also sets a record for the biggest superhero weekend decline at the box office.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-saw-major-drop-in-attendance-fri-sun

Looking forward to see what next weeks sale will be like.

Self-admitted DC fan, but I also thoroughly enjoy the MCU.
Having said that, this movie was hated on way too much. It started with a handful of critics and it trickled down. Like the fickle public we are, we took the critics as some sort of authority and too many of us had so many negative perceptions before even walking into the theater. It's even gone as far as people unwilling to go and see it until it's out on DVD/BR because they feel WB/DCU didn't put out a worthy product… Without seeing it themselves.

One thing I have an issue with is the vehement negativity regarding the supposed "horrible CGI" throughout the whole movie as many people have said. What horrible CGI throughout the whole movie? For a Snyder movie I thought it was tame. On top of that the most CGI used was by far during the Doomsday sequence and the first full shot of Doomsday I thought he looked great and can think of several other movies where the CGI was sub par compared to Doomsday.

Anyway, I'll be interested in seeing the drop off this next weekend. If it's only going to hit $400 million domestic, then that means the foreign is going to have to rock at $600 million just for this to hit $1 billion. I think that's gonna be hard to achieve.

Anyway, I enjoyed the film. There were so many DC easter eggs in the film that it reached a point where I knew a lot of casual fans and people (most of the audience) might be confused at some points.

Btw, I was an older member on here but had to create a new account. So I didn't create an account just to comment on here lol. 

V-r0cK said:
Batman vs Superman also sets a record for the biggest superhero weekend decline at the box office.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-saw-major-drop-in-attendance-fri-sun

Looking forward to see what next weeks sale will be like.

That doesn't mean anything. This universe will continue as long as it is profitable, which it is. It also doesn't matter since it already passed most of the superhero movies' grosses.