By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman Vs Superman is at 872.66 million WW- Final update, with some DVD/Blu-Ray sale charts

Rating?

10 2 6.67%

9 3 10.00%

8 9 30.00%

7 3 10.00%

6 3 10.00%

5 1 3.33%

4 3 10.00%

3 2 6.67%

2-1 2 6.67%

See results 2 6.67%

Total:30

It was about a 6.5 for me.
I don't think it's as bad as the reviewers made it out to be, though it wasn't my favorite movie ever by a long shot.

General consensus by the 5 of us that watched was that the first half was pretty painful and all over the place. It seemed like it was jumping into something different every few seconds and that was killing the pace.
We all enjoyed the second half. Once the action started it helps smooth the pace a lot, and having the action scenes actually be good was a huge plus.

Everyone has different opinions though, for those who absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it that's for you to decide. I'm more in the middle.

I also wasn't a fan of Lex's direction with Eisenberg either.

Around the Network

I went in rooting for Superman and I left impressed with Batfleck. He did an amazing job. I loved Man of Steel and I really enjoyed Dawn of Justice. You know why? These days I don't read up on anything... I react on impulse and buzz. I do things with absolute zero anticipation for anything. Life becomes more enjoyable.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

DakonBlackblade said:
Aerys said:

You obviously never saw or dont remember marvel movies.

No dude youre mixing things up, Marvel movies have well presented yet simple plots. This movie has a retarded plot wich tries to tell 10 different stories at the same time, do not connect any of them, completly misses the mark at both Batman and Superman characterization and presents the JL trough the equivalent of youtube videos on computer folders that have the heroes simbles slapped on for some reason. And Im not even gona comment on the shody edittitng (or I will), wich reminds you every scene you are watching a movie, scenes just end abruptly and a new one that don't realy have a conection with the one that just ended starts.

@Op - 7.5 user ratting on IMDB is actualy realy bad, the movie started at 9.2 because it had well over 10k 10 star ratings from ppl that hadn't even seen the movie, so the score is bloated. This happens to every popular movie on IMDB, you should expect this movie to have a final score (after the theater run is over and it released in DVD and all) of about 6.5-7 tops. Vier scor eon rotten tomatoe sis the same deal it is 73% rigth now (wich is far from good btw, its just OK) after having started from a 98% score that was fuelled by around 5k reviews cast before the movie had even released that gave it a 5 out of 5.

No, just no, Marvel plots are the same level than Transformers plots.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
DakonBlackblade said:

No dude youre mixing things up, Marvel movies have well presented yet simple plots. This movie has a retarded plot wich tries to tell 10 different stories at the same time, do not connect any of them, completly misses the mark at both Batman and Superman characterization and presents the JL trough the equivalent of youtube videos on computer folders that have the heroes simbles slapped on for some reason. And Im not even gona comment on the shody edittitng (or I will), wich reminds you every scene you are watching a movie, scenes just end abruptly and a new one that don't realy have a conection with the one that just ended starts.

@Op - 7.5 user ratting on IMDB is actualy realy bad, the movie started at 9.2 because it had well over 10k 10 star ratings from ppl that hadn't even seen the movie, so the score is bloated. This happens to every popular movie on IMDB, you should expect this movie to have a final score (after the theater run is over and it released in DVD and all) of about 6.5-7 tops. Vier scor eon rotten tomatoe sis the same deal it is 73% rigth now (wich is far from good btw, its just OK) after having started from a 98% score that was fuelled by around 5k reviews cast before the movie had even released that gave it a 5 out of 5.

No, just no, Marvel plots are the same level than Transformers plots.

This will contain spoilers so be warned ppl who havent seen the movie.

You are not wrong they are both simple, you are however wrong int he sense that Marvel plots are well presented and flow well, specialy the overarcing ones, Transformers plot manages to be simple and still not be presented well wich is mind bogling. I don't know what MArvel movie plots have to do with anything tough, Im comenting on BvS specifically and you brought Marvel for whatever reason. Even if Marvel movies where absolute garbage it wouldnt change the evaluation of this one DC movie one bit.

BxS plot is just not well conected at all, its not a matter of it being hard to understand its a matter of it not being conected withim itself and things happening arbitrarely. The movie needed a villain so Doomsday comes out of Lexes arse, the movie needed WW in it, so Diana is watching the news on the plane and decides "well whatever, Im gona come out of my 100 year spam of not trusting humanity right now and save the day", the movie needed the spear to be retrieved at a later scene, so Lois disposed of it on a 20 feet pond rather than just going outside and throwing it at sea (they where in a shipyard remember ?), the movie needed ppl to hate Superman, so everyone believed he shot ppl to death in Africa aparently, the movie needed the fight to end, so Batman and Superman conviniently had mothers with the same names and Superman says "Martha", instead of "mom", "Martha my mom", "Martha Kent", "Martha Kent my mom" or any other thing that wouldve made much more sense than just saying "Martha". It is definetly a movie fans of DC can enjoy, its undeniably bad cinema tough and the critics are movie critics not DC history critics, they are spot on, the plot is not well conected at all, characters make ilogical choices just to further the plot and the editting is realy bad and abrupt.

Aerys said:
Darc Requiem said:

Batman killed a lot of people. He killed several kryptonite chase scene alone. 

So just like i said, indirect death from his Batmobile, he destroys their vehicles but dont pull the trigger on their head.

Just like any other Batman movie, it's really a false debat started by haters because this debat never existed for last batman movies, just watch them, you'll see he kills as many if not more persons indirectly from batmobile or from his actions in general.

You and I have different definitions of indirect. If you aim higher caliber machine guns at someone and fire them, it isn't indirect. Indirect would be the deaths caused by battle between Superman and Zod in MoS. Superman was targeting Zod but others died during their battle. 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Aerys said:

So just like i said, indirect death from his Batmobile, he destroys their vehicles but dont pull the trigger on their head.

Just like any other Batman movie, it's really a false debat started by haters because this debat never existed for last batman movies, just watch them, you'll see he kills as many if not more persons indirectly from batmobile or from his actions in general.

You and I have different definitions of indirect. If you aim higher caliber machine guns at someone and fire them, it isn't indirect. Indirect would be the deaths caused by battle between Superman and Zod in MoS. Superman was targeting Zod but others died during their battle. 

Except in his batmobile, he doesnt aim anyone ( unless you talk about the scene where he grabs a guy who doesnt want to let go his gun and keeps shooting but kills nothing since batman aim the good parts)

Based on your definition, like i said, others batman killed many more people.

Aerys said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Except even in the poor reviews, he's generally considered the best part of the movie. I think he's more disappointed with how the film overall was recieved critically.

He is right to be disappointed by people , when you see such reviews, you lose hope for mankind

If you lose hope for mankind because someone didn't like a movie, there's something wrong with you.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
Aerys said:

He is right to be disappointed by people , when you see such reviews, you lose hope for mankind

If you lose hope for mankind because someone didn't like a movie, there's something wrong with you.

It's more that something is wrong with people for having such bad tastes, praising Marvel and their bad/simple plots/realisation and bashing this one, it's like if people were praising Arrow and bashing Daredevil. ( yes this is the kind of huge quality différence there is between these 2 movies/tv shows)

Aerys said:
IkePoR said:

It's more that something is wrong with people for having such bad tastes, praising Marvel and their bad/simple plots/realisation and bashing this one, it's like if people were praising Arrow and bashing Daredevil. ( yes this is the kind of huge quality différence there is between these 2 movies/tv shows)

Dude it's a freaking movie. Let people like what they like and be disappointed when they neglect others, hurt others, show no compassion etc. This is such a non-issue, it's not even funny.

The movie could have an IMDB user rating of 0 and would have managed to make some hundred million WW first weekend. Simply because it's a hyped movie with a huge budget for marketing and contains Batman and Superman which is enough to get many people in the movies (also those who don't know much about comics but simply know Batman and Superman )

It's really not an achievement, it would be an achievement to have awesome legs with low drops but this won't happen. It will be one of the biggest grossing movies of all time but it won't have anything to do with the quality.

I saw the movie in the preview the day before the official release and I really think it was one of my worst ticket purchases ever. I didn't even find the movie bad but also just not good. It was a movie I would watch on TV for free or on DVD/Blu-Ray with some friends if someone would own it but yeah, nothing it was worth my money (at least not that much of it)