By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman Vs Superman is at 872.66 million WW- Final update, with some DVD/Blu-Ray sale charts

Rating?

10 2 6.67%

9 3 10.00%

8 9 30.00%

7 3 10.00%

6 3 10.00%

5 1 3.33%

4 3 10.00%

3 2 6.67%

2-1 2 6.67%

See results 2 6.67%

Total:30

I went to the theater expecting a hard to follow, disjointed movie that don't make sense and is filled with plot-holes.

I'm almost disappointed I didn't get that.

Spoiler: I liked it a lot. I went in expecting to be disappointed. But I really had no issues with it. I have read and watched quite a few negative reviews, and I feel most of them simply didn't understand many of the scenes they watched. Like how Batman got to his senses when he finally understood that Superman was, despite being an alien, also an earthling mother's son. And the way they brought that up to him, by mentioning his and Supes's mother name, Martha, was a very nice touch.

Around the Network

Welp ... I enjoyed the film - so much so that I will be going for a second run this week. I will admit, it is flawed, but not so much so to render the film a failure. Hopefully the follow up films will have better execution. For me, pacing was an issue, and some scenes were unnecessary or just didn't connect well.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Big geeking out. SPOILERS ahead. Read only if you've seen the movie.

I really liked the nod to the actual history about how the Death of Superman event happened in 1992.

Back then, they were going to have Clark marry Lois in the comics, but the show Lois and Clark: The New Adventure of Superman was going to do it as well, so they posponed it in the comics, but they had to replace that with something else. So during their brainstorm, the question was asked: "What if Superman died?" That's what lead to the famous Superman #75, in 1992, and how the wedding [in the comics] was posponed until 1996.

That envelop that contains that ring given to Lois at the end by Martha...  It pays homage to that part of Superman's history and I thought it was a really clever nod.

I was going in with low hopes and this movie surprised me.

Most of the reviews are pure crap IMO. It is not a 10/10 Movie but it is very good, and Ben Affleck is fantastic.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
V-r0cK said:
Batman vs Superman also sets a record for the biggest superhero weekend decline at the box office.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-saw-major-drop-in-attendance-fri-sun

Looking forward to see what next weeks sale will be like.

That doesn't mean anything. This universe will continue as long as it is profitable, which it is. It also doesn't matter since it already passed most of the superhero movies' grosses.

We're on a website that deals with sales and we also discuss about the legs of sales where this is the is an exact scenario of a game sales so thought I'd just share this.

What would happen if a huge game like CoD had an amazing first week then from then on sales plummet like crazy.  What would that tell you about the game or gamers revolving around that game?  You still don't think that would mean anything?  BvS may have passed most of other other superhero movies opening gross but if that article indicates a pattern of huge sales drop then BvS may not even make it to $1B lifetime.  I'm no expert that's why im looking forward to see next week's sales to see how true that article is.

If you want to defend the BvS movie then fine but dont shoot the messenger.

Lawlight said:
V-r0cK said:
Batman vs Superman also sets a record for the biggest superhero weekend decline at the box office.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-saw-major-drop-in-attendance-fri-sun

Looking forward to see what next weeks sale will be like.

That doesn't mean anything. This universe will continue as long as it is profitable, which it is. It also doesn't matter since it already passed most of the superhero movies' grosses.

lol doesn't mean anything? Yea right this does mean something. Your right the universe will continue on but acting like this doesn't mean anything is just being naive. 

method114 said:
Lawlight said:

lol doesn't mean anything? Yea right this does mean something. Your right the universe will continue on but acting like this doesn't mean anything is just being naive. 

No, it doesn't mean anything. If they replace Zack Snyder or pull the plug on the JL movies, then it means something. In the meantime, people are enjoying the movie and the movie is making money for which I'm glad. We need more of these types of movies - more complex superhero movies.

V-r0cK said:
Lawlight said:

We're on a website that deals with sales and we also discuss about the legs of sales where this is the is an exact scenario of a game sales so thought I'd just share this.

What would happen if a huge game like CoD had an amazing first week then from then on sales plummet like crazy.  What would that tell you about the game or gamers revolving around that game?  You still don't think that would mean anything?  BvS may have passed most of other other superhero movies opening gross but if that article indicates a pattern of huge sales drop then BvS may not even make it to $1B lifetime.  I'm no expert that's why im looking forward to see next week's sales to see how true that article is.

If CoD plummeted, it still wouldn't mean anything if the game ultimately sold a lot.

Lawlight said:
V-r0cK said:

If CoD plummeted, it still wouldn't mean anything if the game ultimately sold a lot.

Just want to tell you, that the revenue over budget does not equal profit. These other factors that you do not seem to be aware of Marketing, Interest, Talent, Overhead and many more. Just want you to be aware, that at 420 million, the movie would not be considered profitable. However I am not saying it won't be profitable, I am just saying due various factors you do not know, and I can tell you based on movie this size, it would not be profitable yet. If you want to see breakdown of other films, I can showcase how things like Amazing Spiderman 2, was almost commercial flop. 

If I knew how much some of the talents were paid, and marketing budget, I can create a spread sheet to break down. However the budget of a movie is typically 40-50% of total cost (bigger franchises, the % number might get lower than 40%).