By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade X DLC confirmed + new wallpapers

Okey, the game has tons of content. But it doesn't justify day 1 DLC. If they wanted to support the game and keep adding continents, quets, etc. AFTER the game is released, I wouldn't mind (HW/MK8 are good examples of what is good DLC). But day 1... Give them for free, you are just cutting content to make money.

Around the Network

Guys, this isn't Day 1 DLC, it's Day 10. Big difference. V_V

This isn't day one DLC, as someone else has just pointed out.

I'd also point out the game would have been "finished" 6 to 12 weeks ago, maybe more, to allow time for debugging, setting up and testing servers, and then producing and shipping copies of the game. That's plenty of time for a small team to start making DLC that could ship close to launch.

I'm not sold on this DLC, but some people are beginning to over-react. Like I said in my first post, I'd much prefer a larger, more meaningful expansion at some point in the future to small pieces of DLC shortly after launch.

Paatar said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Its hard for me to get pissed when the game already offer 200+ hrs of content (or so the developers claim), but I didn't think Nintendo would do this.

300+ hours*

I do hope people realize that the overall content doesn't mean it's going to take you that long to complete it. Xenoblade was 65-70 hours to complete, so the times people throw out there can be deceiving. I spent hundreds of hours on FFX with its end game stuff + blitzball, but I would still say it's a 35-40 hour game. :-/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Paatar said:

300+ hours*

I do hope people realize that the overall content doesn't mean it's going to take you that long to complete it. Xenoblade was 65-70 hours to complete, so the times people throw out there can be deceiving. I spent hundreds of hours on FFX with its end game stuff + blitzball, but I would still say it's a 35-40 hour game. :-/

Yeah I see this idea of the 100's of hours that XCX will be and it jst seems ludicrous to me.  If you include every single little side quest you can do then sure it'll balloon out to something like that, but it's deceptive to call that a 300 hour game and then base other RPG hours on how long they take to complete instead of how long they take to 100%.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Hey, honestly, one of the DLC packs coming with Professor Xavier is pretty hot.

Also, "DLC packs containing missions that make it easier to level your characters, earn money and improve their relationships"?  Easy Mode now requires a fee, it seems.

In the original you had no problem to grind exp and money through monsters on the map or the many small side-quests. It takes time, but that is true for the DLC-quests too. So they only bring more variety in side-quests.

Although I have to add: Is this what Sakurai was talking about?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

outlawauron said:
Paatar said:

300+ hours*

Yes, it is all relative to the type of person playing the game and what they want to accomplish in the game. However, that would mean the 200+ hours statement was wrong as well. I corrected 300+ hours due to the fact the game is possible to have that many hours in just to complete it 100%.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

But Sakurai said that DLCs are scam!

ryuzaki57 said:
But Sakurai said that DLCs are scam!

Funny that Sakurai has nothing to do with this, am i right

Paatar said:
Wagram said:

He's allowed an opinion last I checked. Yours isn't the only acceptable opinion nor should you force it.

There is a difference between complaining for a good reason, and complaining for a bad reason. :)

Nintendo is doing better with DLC than anyone else this gen. That is not an opinion, that is a fact. So calling him out on that is valid.

I never said he couldn't have his own opinion and I never said mine was the "only acceptable one"

Well in my opinion, CD Projekt Red is doing a pretty bang-up job. All cosmetic DLC is free for all to download; only expansions will be priced.

OT: It sounded fine until: "In addition, there are three more DLC packs containing missions that make it easier to level your characters, earn money and improve their relationships." So if you pay more money, the game is easier?

The DLC containing extra characters and missions sounds fine to me, seeing as they promised a boatload of content to be in the game itself. It's the pay2win type pack that I am not in agreement with.

#1 Amb-ass-ador