By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers: You Are Not Forced to Hear Somebody Online

Tagged games:

super_etecoon said:

This is just it. The purpose of this thread is not to talk about ways in which Splatoon would be better by voice chat; it's simply to find a bone to pick with Nintendo about anything and ride it to death. We get it...many people don't like Nintendo. Well guess what...they've only sold 10 million units...why exactly do we still care? It's not affecting the voice chat in PS/MS games, last time I checked at least. 

Yeah well im somebody who is buying the Splatoon amiibo pack (if EB ever put it up for preorder) so I think Im allowed to care and complain about them being lazy on a game I very much want to play. Its the first time I'd seen hope for Nintendo's future in a long time when this game was revealed, I would hate to think they are going to be lazy and halfass it out of fear of what the children might hear.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
super_etecoon said:

This is just it. The purpose of this thread is not to talk about ways in which Splatoon would be better by voice chat; it's simply to find a bone to pick with Nintendo about anything and ride it to death. We get it...many people don't like Nintendo. Well guess what...they've only sold 10 million units...why exactly do we still care? It's not affecting the voice chat in PS/MS games, last time I checked at least. 

Yeah well im somebody who is buying the Splatoon amiibo pack (if EB ever put it up for preorder) so I think Im allowed to care and complain about them being lazy on a game I very much want to play. Its the first time I'd seen hope for Nintendo's future in a long time when this game was revealed, I would hate to think they are going to be lazy and halfass it out of fear of what the children might hear.

Lazy? Putting voice chat in random matches would literally take one line of code. Lazy =/= having good sense.

Btw...not sure if it's just this thread, but I've had my copy completely disappear on three different postings. Now that's something to complain about. I'm on mobile...I'm sure that's the problem. It sucks.

What's with the tagged game lol

#1 Amb-ass-ador

kitler53 said:
super_etecoon said:
Most of the people I see complaining about a lack of voice chat in Nintendo games don't even play Nintendo games anyway. Makes for very silly arguments and threads.

of course we don't,..  we don't have to buy half finished games just to have the right to complain. 

Nintendo are one of thew few devs that release actual finished games these days.

Around the Network
ReimTime said:

Thought it had some relevance. Guess not lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

People in here should stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

If Sony and/or Microsoft released a new team based online shooter and took out all forms of online voice communication they too would get ripped for it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

alternine said:
ReimTime said:

Thought it had some relevance. Guess not lol

I guess it does haha

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Euphoria14 said:

People in here should stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

If Sony and/or Microsoft released a new team based online shooter and took out all forms of online voice communication they too would get ripped for it.

This.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

They can just simply have the option to disable voice chat all together if you pick the option before the game. GTA V really needs this option.