By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamers: You Are Not Forced to Hear Somebody Online

Tagged games:

Captain_Yuri said:

I will say that not having voice options is nonsense... There are plenty of ways to include it while making it not be usable to 5 year olds. I don't use voice chat at all but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option to those that want to use it. They should have done it like MK/SSB at least

Yup you're absolutely right. There's nothing wrong with having more options. I don't know why so many are opposed to it.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:

So you don't think Nintendo is behind the times in terms of online?

Nintendo as a console-maker is beind Sony and Microsoft with their online structure, absolutely. Iwata has admitted this himself.

Nintendo's development teams are not "behind the times" in terms of online. Games they want to be online are online. Games they want to have voice chat have voice chat. They aren't obligated to support these features in every game they make just because other publishers make similar games that do have them.

Pokemon X/Y, 3DS games released in 2013, support voice chat. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, a cooperative multiplayer game released for the same system a year later which would greatly benefit from voice chat (and in fact past Monster Hunter games have had it), does not have voice chat.

Are you prepared to make the broad over-generalization that Capcom is behind the times in terms of online based on this limited sample?

kitler53 said:

of course we don't,..  we don't have to buy half finished games just to have the right to complain. 

voice chat is half of a game's content now

wow

super_etecoon said:
Most of the people I see complaining about a lack of voice chat in Nintendo games don't even play Nintendo games anyway. Makes for very silly arguments and threads.

This. Most complaints about Nintendo are by non Nintendo users.

Sadly we are forced to hearing people complain about the lack of voice chat constantly.

kitler53 said:
super_etecoon said:
Most of the people I see complaining about a lack of voice chat in Nintendo games don't even play Nintendo games anyway. Makes for very silly arguments and threads.

of course we don't,..  we don't have to buy half finished games just to have the right to complain. 

half finished just because voice chat? makes sense

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Sadly we are forced to hearing people complain about the lack of voice chat constantly.

Well if they keep complaining maybe Nintendo will finally hear them. That's how it works with some of these companies. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

the_dengle said:

Stopped listening at "they have ripped voice chat out of Splatoon entirely."

The game never had voice chat in it. It is not a game designed with a feature in mind that later had that feature removed. It was designed, from the ground up, start to finish, with no voice chat in mind. They built a shooter around the lack of voice chat.

"Everyone else is doing it" isn't a reason to put something in your game. Challenging conventions is how unique experiences are made. Furthermore, throwing the word "options" around isn't a justification for adding features to games. I want the option to play this game in first-person with Oculus Rift, but the developers aren't obligated to support that feature in the name of "options" and the fact that they're not bending to the every whim and expectation of random nerds complaining on the internet does not mean they are behind the times.

I don't actually want that, I made it up to illustrate a point.

What I find funny about the "more options" crowd is that when people wanted an Easy or at least optional difficulty mode for the Souls series the fans argued to the death that the game was meant to be played as is and it was designed in such a way that you can't just throw something in like you do every other game, I don't see Splatoon being any different, if it was built from the ground up without VC then it was designed that way, people are going to have to accept that this game plays differently where we have to think and co-operate in a different manner.

If they don't want to co-op in a new manner then they can still use other voip programs like Skype (on tablets and mobiles as well as most OS's) to use voice chat, I use Skype any time of day over crappy game client voice chat systems and Steam client's VC, I've been doing that for years and I'm not the only guy on the planet that does that either.

I honestly feel like this is a situation that's getting made a big deal out of soemthing so small that already has options laid out in case people can't deal with how the game is to be played, none the elss it feels like another excuse to jab Nintendo since they've been the flavour of the month so far.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Samus Aran said:

Well nobody forced you to come hear and read this or watch the vids so... not really being forced into it now are you??

ktay95 said:
Samus Aran said:

Well nobody forced you to come hear and read this or watch the vids so... not really being forced into it now are you??

I can sadly read titles and posts.

bunchanumbers said:
super_etecoon said:

This. Most complaints about Nintendo are by non Nintendo users.

Plenty of Nintendo fans are complaining. I think its nice that they're starting to speak up about what they want.

- Max Payne 3