By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

I think it is possible

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Soooo they expect it to be one of the best selling musou games ever, on a home console with extremely small userbase that isn't getting all the other musou games, and the ones it got sold poorly. Sounds plausible.

My thoughts exactly. This guy is setting expectations too high, that clearly will not end well.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's not impossible, but it will be hard.

Did Windwaker HD hit a million? Everyone should own that game.

Other than the trailer we still don't know much about Hyrule warriors. I hope it's a good game that's worth buying for the sake of the million people who get it... Which will likely include me.

If they give it a proper ad campaign and bundle it with a Zelda Wii U demo or something, sure.

Around the Network

Nothing is impossible and I don't see this as an unexpected expectation. US will have the bulk of the sales and it all comes down to how Nintendo is going to handle this in the west.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

PigPen said:
It don't look like a real game. Hack and slash enemies with a Zelda appearance. They think us Wii U owners will see a Zelda and buy. I'm going to wait for the real Zelda.

It do look like a real game.

Hyrule Warriors will easily sell 1 million if Zelda has bigger boobs than usual!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Tecmo? A million this early in the generation? ......BAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!

It's hilarious that so many of you actually seem to think a game with Link on the cover, and a Zelda association, DOESN'T have a chance of doing 1 mil. + lifetime sales. Of course it does. It's not Zelda. But it's "Zelda".

Consumers are too smart these days to make this a reality.