By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

I'm also a little surprised there are so many people saying this won't make it. If Link's Crossbow training can make it to nearly 5m; this should absolutely breeze past 1m.

Even with the WiiU's hardware troubles, software sells mostly alright on it.

They've got the Zelda connection for the west. They've got the musou connection for the east. Pretty sorted, to be honest.

Around the Network

I can't see why not. I'll be getting it anyway!

Kresnik said:
I'm also a little surprised there are so many people saying this won't make it. If Link's Crossbow training can make it to nearly 5m; this should absolutely breeze past 1m.

Even with the WiiU's hardware troubles, software sells mostly alright on it.

They've got the Zelda connection for the west. They've got the musou connection for the east. Pretty sorted, to be honest.

Crossbow Training was $20 and was bundled with an accessory. It was a cheap way to get a game like Wii Play controller bundle.

It was also on the Wii, not the Wii U. Situations are very different.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Crossbow Training was $20 and was bundled with an accessory. It was a cheap way to get a game like Wii Play controller bundle.

Okay.  So Wind Waker HD then.  Which will crack a million despite being far from the most popular Zelda; a HD remake and on a struggling console.

I genuinely don't believe that the Zelda brand doesn't have enough clout to pull a game past a million, no matter what the state of the console it's releasing on.  Unless we're looking at a Donkey Kong style collapse (and that game should still reach 1m easily with legs), it should be easy.

i like hack'n'slash games and i like zelda. instabuy for me

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I have always been a Koei fan, so good luck to them.

Im not sure it will though.

Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

Okay.  So Wind Waker HD then.  Which will crack a million despite being far from the most popular Zelda; a HD remake and on a struggling console.

I genuinely don't believe that the Zelda brand doesn't have enough clout to pull a game past a million, no matter what the state of the console it's releasing on.  Unless we're looking at a Donkey Kong style collapse (and that game should still reach 1m easily with legs), it should be easy.

Wind Waker is also a full fledged Zelda title, no a Musou game. While yes, it was only a HD remaster, that has far more appeal than a Musou title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:

Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube didn't make it to 1m and that game didn't look hideous like Hyrule Warriors.

And don't forget, there are Mario games that didn't crack 1m.

Fair comparison.  Though, Four Swords Adventures also only fell about ~ 50k copies short, so I still don't think it's too big of a stretch.

I think it can do it.

If I had a Wii U i'd buy it.

That said, i'd be kind of shocked if it sold more then half that.

Dynasty Warriors games sell more on the story then the gameplay, which is why their numbers keep dropping for the main line franchise, they can only tell the same story so many times.

Zelda... is sort of the opposite it sells on it's gameplay, and not the story.

Take the gameplay of a game that doesn't sell on gameplay.

And the story of a game that doesn't sell on story... and i feel like there is a problem brewing.

If the Zelda Team made a game about Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei fighting Cao Cao it'd probably sell better.