By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

Darc Requiem said:
I'm surprised at how many people think 1 million is unrealistic. The Zelda license will push it to a million.

The Zelda license is obviously irrelevant nowadays!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Soundwave said:
It's nice to want things.

I don't think Donkey Kong Country: TF unfortunately is even getting to 1 million, Hyrule Warriors ... nah. Not unless Nintendo force bundles it.

You best believe Donkey Kong did more then a million.  Digital is the future.

It will probably get there eventually. But do you really think, digital sales for that title are as much as retail sales?

When the retail version is even cheaper than the digital version?

VanceIX said:
Meh, maybe it does due to the name, but then again it could just be like that target-practice Zelda game...

You mean Link's Crossbow Training? That game that sold almost 5 million? :P

Conina said:
PigPen said:
Soundwave said:
It's nice to want things.

I don't think Donkey Kong Country: TF unfortunately is even getting to 1 million, Hyrule Warriors ... nah. Not unless Nintendo force bundles it.

You best believe Donkey Kong did more then a million.  Digital is the future.

It will probably get there eventually. But do you really think, digital sales for that title are as much as retail sales?

When the retail version is even cheaper than the digital version?

My short answer is yes, digital do as much as retail.   The retail version might be cheaper now but not back then.

tbone51 said:

I remember that thread, but don't forget that tbone brings so much enthusiasm to these forums that he can appear to be twenty different people.

Jokes aside, internet hype rarely equates real world interest. The brand will help, yes. But it's not going to make a Warriors game skyrocket in sales. Did the best-selling Warriors game on a Nintendo system surpass 0.5m? How many have been released on Nintendo systems anyway?

Youuuuuuu!!!! >_<

Anyway i enjoyed one piece dynasty games so i might enjoy this as well. How much did one piece do? i think the first did almost 1mil WW so there's that.

One piece is not a fair comparison, truth is that is a much bigger IP than Zelda

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

RolStoppable said:

I remember that thread, but don't forget that tbone brings so much enthusiasm to these forums that he can appear to be twenty different people.

Jokes aside, internet hype rarely equates real world interest. The brand will help, yes. But it's not going to make a Warriors game skyrocket in sales. Did the best-selling Warriors game on a Nintendo system surpass 0.5m? How many have been released on Nintendo systems anyway?

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/37512/samurai-warriors-3/

420k, the majority in Japan.

Nintendo consoles were the home of Samurai Warriors games for a while (2 on Wii; 2 on 3DS).  Though they did migrate back to Sony consoles eventually because, indeed, that's where the fanbase is.

And yes, you're right, forum hype =/= real world sales.  But if people on the forums who know this is not a proper Zelda game are interested in buying it...

Dont know how you can say SW was the home on Ninty consoles, when there were more games on SOny systems than Ninty by a mile. Even then thats not the best comparison as that series as always been seen as a Dynasty spin off and it doesnt put up even the main series numbers.

oniyide said:

Dont know how you can say SW was the home on Ninty consoles, 

Kresnik said:

Nintendo consoles were the home of Samurai Warriors games for a while

I don't see where I said that either.  Having more games total on one platform does not exclude a different platform being the home of the series for a while.

oniyide said:

Even then thats not the best comparison as that series as always been seen as a Dynasty spin off and it doesnt put up even the main series numbers.

Okay.  Fine.  So that proves my point even more then?  If a non-main-series spinoff can manage 420k in Japan, then a similar non-main-series spinoff can manage it too?

What point were you getting at with this?

(Also, the best selling Samurai Warriors game sold ~ 60k less in Japan than the best selling Dynasty Warriors game.  So I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.  The difference is, most of the Samurai Warriors games released after musou fever had subsided).

MohammadBadir said:
VanceIX said:
Meh, maybe it does due to the name, but then again it could just be like that target-practice Zelda game...

You mean Link's Crossbow Training? That game that sold almost 5 million? :P

That mediocrity sold more than Skyward Sword! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Kresnik said:
oniyide said:

Dont know how you can say SW was the home on Ninty consoles, 

Kresnik said:

Nintendo consoles were the home of Samurai Warriors games for a while

I don't see where I said that either.  Having more games total on one platform does not exclude a different platform being the home of the series for a while.

oniyide said:

Even then thats not the best comparison as that series as always been seen as a Dynasty spin off and it doesnt put up even the main series numbers.

Okay.  Fine.  So that proves my point even more then?  If a non-main-series spinoff can manage 420k in Japan, then a similar non-main-series spinoff can manage it too?

What point were you getting at with this?

(Also, the best selling Samurai Warriors game sold ~ 60k less in Japan than the best selling Dynasty Warriors game.  So I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.  The difference is, most of the Samurai Warriors games released after musou fever had subsided).

Not really since those Samurai Warriors games particularly the one you are referring to released on a MUCH more popular system. FYI i do think this Zelda musou can do 1mil LT especially since i dont see Ninty keeping it at a premium price like they do their biggest games.

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Youuuuuuu!!!! >_<

Anyway i enjoyed one piece dynasty games so i might enjoy this as well. How much did one piece do? i think the first did almost 1mil WW so there's that.

One piece is not a fair comparison, truth is that is a much bigger IP than Zelda

Wattt??? No way. One Piece mightbe the biggest manga in japan but that doesn't mean its bigger than zelda in video games. And dont say that just cuz the last 1 or 2 games didn't do as big as others (for LoZ)