By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

tbone51 said:
lightofhonor said:

lol probably should have elaborated. We all know if shipped 1 million, but that isn't sales. VGchartz may even be overtracked. So I think it will get to 1 million sales, but I don't know what the new year sales falloff would be.

Better? lol probably not.

The game is at...

132k+ in japan (as of first week in 2015)

400k+ in US as of Dec NPD

Thats 532k right there (sold) We dont have numbers for Europe, but its definitely doing decently-good there, and we dont have numbers for everywhere else. The game is most likely around the 800k-900k in sales atm (including digital). Its reasonable that there are 100k-200k on store shelves)

That said, depending on the west, it probably can hit a million before Summer. Maybe sooner if its actually closer to 900k now. The game is getting a ton of dlc support as well :0

Surely you'd assume that digital numbers are included in this announcement. I think you're a bit high on EU numbers. If I had to predict actual sold numbers, my guess would be low 800k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

The game is at...

132k+ in japan (as of first week in 2015)

400k+ in US as of Dec NPD

Thats 532k right there (sold) We dont have numbers for Europe, but its definitely doing decently-good there, and we dont have numbers for everywhere else. The game is most likely around the 800k-900k in sales atm (including digital). Its reasonable that there are 100k-200k on store shelves)

That said, depending on the west, it probably can hit a million before Summer. Maybe sooner if its actually closer to 900k now. The game is getting a ton of dlc support as well :0

Surely you'd assume that digital numbers are included in this announcement. I think you're a bit high on EU numbers. If I had to predict actual sold numbers, my guess would be low 800k.

Yeah of course, i know how shipped works

Thats why i said 800k-900k. I do think its in the lower area of 800k. But wasnt these shipped numbers as of 2014 (jan 3rd)? As of now it should be an extra 30k-80k higher from that point (its almost feb)