By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

After reading all these quote unquote predictions it seems that Nintendo Hate is real and My Splatoon thread is also full of it. Hyule Warriors, if we ever get numbers update is probably at a million now and will likely be close to 3 mill. LTD.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
outlawauron said:

Only 3 of the above posters are sony fans. Seems like Nintendo fans had less faith than others.

Tbh, it doesn't deserve these sales.

- Extremely dumb and insulting AI

- Ugly graphics and art style

- Button mashing, repetitive and simple gameplay

I see few redeeming qualities. Games like this scoring so high on metacritic makes me lose all believe in gaming journalists.

TBH, it does deserve the sales.

Lots of content, lots of stuff to collect, real-time-strategy combined with slashing enemies, variations on gameplay with the maps. No wonder it is among the games with the most playtime for me on WiiU. I wouldn't say it is the best game of all time, but it deserves the million sales.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

thom said:
Or use some of that HW cash to make a cell-shaded sequel and REALLY get people up in arms (only to go on selling another million copies)

That would be fun.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

WhiteEaglePL said:

all we need is B2 to reach 1m too...

Unfortunately that seems impossible at this point...That game has sold horribly 

SJReiter said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

all we need is B2 to reach 1m too...

Is not impossible, and we don´t now europe sales (is undertracked for sure in France) if the game has sold around 450k on 3 months with a 9 million userbase, is certainly possible to reach the million at some point.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
noname2200 said:
I want to bang three chicks at once tonight.

Our odds of success are roughly equal.

So how did that foursome hold up?

Appropriately, mediocre. Even after I lowered my standards.

Goodnightmoon said:
SJReiter said:

Is not impossible, and we don´t now europe sales (is undertracked for sure in France) if the game has sold around 450k on 3 months with a 9 million userbase, is certainly possible to reach the million at some point.

Sold Horribly? I think VGCHARTZ is accurate with these numbers and is more likely to be on software than leaked numbers from cream sugar or whoever of NPD. You don't think those numbers can be wrong. Also look at Amazon, Best Buy, and Nintendo Bayonetta is usually right next to Hyrule Warriors and most of my stores in a city of 300,000 people have sold out.

DolPhanTendo said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Sold Horribly? I think VGCHARTZ is accurate with these numbers and is more likely to be on software than leaked numbers from cream sugar or whoever of NPD. You don't think those numbers can be wrong. Also look at Amazon, Best Buy, and Nintendo Bayonetta is usually right next to Hyrule Warriors and most of my stores in a city of 300,000 people have sold out.

Hasn't it only sold like 130k in the US so far? That's awful. Isn't it basically confirmed overtracked on VGC? I thought NPD numbers always trumped VGC numbers anyway...There's a reason Nintendo never mentions it in PR statements...

RolStoppable said:
I expected the game to be bad and predicted sales numbers accordingly. Turned out that the game is actually pretty good despite some technical issues.

I don't feel bad about being wrong here because things turned out to be positive from every possible perspective.

Yeah i feel the same way (aside from it doing bad). Its good to be wrong when something exceeds your expectations!!! Though its rare to see this for me as im 90% of the time optimistic XD

SJReiter said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Hasn't it only sold like 130k in the US so far? That's awful. Isn't it basically confirmed overtracked on VGC? I thought NPD numbers always trumped VGC numbers anyway...There's a reason Nintendo never mentions it in PR statements...

Actually what trumped VGCHARTZ, a leaked number by someone? Let's wait for Nintendo's actual numbers to be released before we decide the number. I'm just saying in the U.S it has sold near what VG numbers are.I'm not saying it is right ,just saying from doing a little research I believe there is reason it is leaked and that's what we should not go by.