By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

Wyrdness said:
Today's special.

I've had that dish a few times myself.

A bit too bitter for my liking.

Around the Network

Fun thread after they announced 1M shipped. I didn't even buy the game myself yet.

kljesta64 said:
big goal. he is probably on medication
Soundwave said:
It's nice to want things.

I don't think Donkey Kong Country: TF unfortunately is even getting to 1 million, Hyrule Warriors ... nah. Not unless Nintendo force bundles it.
Serious_frusting said:
Way to go. Expect a number the franchise never reaches then blame Wii u when the game "under achieves".

This fellah is crazy in my opinion.
Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:
And I want Oprah to buy the Clippers. Wanting and making are on two different sides of tbe spectrum.
noname2200 said:
I want to bang three chicks at once tonight.

Our odds of success are roughly equal.
forest-spirit said:
Go home TK, you're drunk, high and utterly insane.
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Tecmo? A million this early in the generation? ......BAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DM235 said:

I think they are more likely to sell about 0.5 million copies, with maybe another 0.1 million for an Xtreme edition.

I call 400k at best.

Player2 said:

Soooo they expect it to be one of the best selling musou games ever, on a home console with extremely small userbase that isn't getting all the other musou games, and the ones it got sold poorly. Sounds plausible.

Blood_Tears said:
Consumers are too smart these days to make this a reality.
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Tecmo Dynasty Warriors games by themselves cant even sell well on established consoles for Tecmo. They just arent that popular. Nintedno is a newer crowd and they are less reliable than half of what they sold last gen. You're expecting way too much from the Nintendo. Even Link cant same Dynasty Warriors. 

This games creation is an act of desperation on both Tecmo and Nintendos part.

RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:

Fair comparison.  Though, Four Swords Adventures also only fell about ~ 50k copies short, so I still don't think it's too big of a stretch.

You are so mean, Kresnik. You imply that Nintendo fans will buy anything as long as a popular brand is slapped onto it, but there's so much proof out there that that can't save an unappealing game. And the only thing that Hyrule Warriors has going for it is the Zelda coat. It's not a graphical showcase, it doesn't have varied gameplay, it's just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda look. I'd say there's a bigger chance that the game will be a complete bomb than it reaching 1m, but I expect it to finish at around half a million.

Kasz216 said:

If I had a Wii U i'd buy it.

That said, i'd be kind of shocked if it sold more then half that.

RolStoppable said:

They are interested in buying it based on a reveal trailer. You know how quickly minds can change if footage close to launch shows that a game didn't improve much, or if reviews are mixed. I don't expect the game to look much better than what we've seen and I don't expect it to get favorable reviews. Plus a reveal of the actual Zelda for Wii U (which is most likely soon) could make Hyrule Warriors look like low budget trash, so that would be another reason to skip it for those people who have expressed interest some months ago.

There are just so many factors going against this game. Low Wii U userbase, even some of Nintendo's bigger IPs struggling to get past 1m, Hyrule Warriors simply not looking like it's going to be a great game... You are entitled to believe that 1m is possible, but I just don't see it happening. If this game had been released on the Wii five years ago, then yes. But on the Wii U, nope.

Looks like this goal is not so crazy after all. I got myself a copy too ; ) It looks like I joined too late to get the 'crow' joke.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Looks like this goal is not so crazy after all. I got myself a copy too ; ) It looks like I joined too late to get the 'crow' joke.

It's not specific to this forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_crow

episteme said:
Cloudman said:

Oh gosh, the joke just flew way past my head.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
episteme said:
Cloudman said:

Oh gosh, the joke just flew way past my head.

Its also known as the panacea for hating. ^^

episteme said:

Fun thread after they announced 1M shipped. I didn't even buy the game myself yet.

Hahahahahahah this is so funny! I LOVE this forums XD

Insolent doubters burn beneath the fire of "waaaah!"

What was KylieDog's prediction?

tbone, necrobumping prediction threads is moderation worthy under the new dictators.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.