By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

KylieDog said:
outlawauron said:
MohammadBadir said:
VanceIX said:
Meh, maybe it does due to the name, but then again it could just be like that target-practice Zelda game...

You mean Link's Crossbow Training? That game that sold almost 5 million? :P

Wow, how can people still use this as some sort of point or counter argument. It was $20 bundle with a periphal/accessory. That's why it sold, it's like the Wii Play Wiimote bundle.

It isn't the only game to get such a bundle, yet outsold all the others combined several times over. Not even close to being the first peripheral designed like that either, if people wanted one they likely owned one already.  Obviously just the fact that it is Zelda and Nintendo that sold it.

It was the first one from Nintendo and the first that was actually advertised. At $20, for accessory and bundled software, it was a deal. It would have done just as well if it were packaged with any other shooting mini-game. Mario's Crossbow Training, Duck Hunt, etc. would have all pushed millions bundled with the Zapper.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Thats not fair at all, just cuz 1 f*** up doesn't mean everybody has to keep a grudge on one thing, beside Pokemon Conquest is really good. Imo the best spin off of tne franchise (pokemon snap lovers dont attack me :P)

As for Hyrule Warriors, there might be a huge differences compared to the DW games (im not tlking cuz this is Zelda on it), they are doing things that might of not happened before. The news over the past week suggest that this game might literally take a different path frm the standard DW franchise.

I mean Nintendo is helping them out and it might be Canon.

When it was first revealed, people just saw it as DW painted with LoZ, but after this week its convincing many gamers to keep an eye out for the game. :)

Oh, I still thought Other M was fun. That just had direct Nintendo involvement, so I was just pointing out that their involvement doesn't ensure it'll be a critical hit.

Do we actually know anything that leads us to believe this isn't the case? DW games have a ton of story in them, cutscenes and all. 

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Thats not fair at all, just cuz 1 f*** up doesn't mean everybody has to keep a grudge on one thing, beside Pokemon Conquest is really good. Imo the best spin off of tne franchise (pokemon snap lovers dont attack me :P)

As for Hyrule Warriors, there might be a huge differences compared to the DW games (im not tlking cuz this is Zelda on it), they are doing things that might of not happened before. The news over the past week suggest that this game might literally take a different path frm the standard DW franchise.

I mean Nintendo is helping them out and it might be Canon.

When it was first revealed, people just saw it as DW painted with LoZ, but after this week its convincing many gamers to keep an eye out for the game. :)

Oh, I still thought Other M was fun. That just had direct Nintendo involvement, so I was just pointing out that their involvement doesn't ensure it'll be a critical hit.

Do we actually know anything that leads us to believe this isn't the case? DW games have a ton of story in them, cutscenes and all. 

True that, other M was fun but over 50% of the gamers hated it (most likely it didn't stay true to its name and it didn't).

Im basing my opinions on alot of others included thoughts of reviewers and alot of them are now interested in the game which wasnt really the case in Dec. 

Your right in that sense as we dont kno 100% just yet but with the head of LoZ collaborating with Tecmo/Team Ninja we might be able to expect big things. All i was trying to point out was that there's a chance it might follow through very well. Pics have shown some cool ideas that might make it based on a regular LoZ game. But of course it can just be cosmetic.

All i kno is this game was not getting nowhere as much attention in Dec then it is now!

KylieDog said:
outlawauron said:
KylieDog said:

It isn't the only game to get such a bundle, yet outsold all the others combined several times over. Not even close to being the first peripheral designed like that either, if people wanted one they likely owned one already.  Obviously just the fact that it is Zelda and Nintendo that sold it.

It was the first one from Nintendo and the first that was actually advertised. At $20, for accessory and bundled software, it was a deal. It would have done just as well if it were packaged with any other shooting mini-game. Mario's Crossbow Training, Duck Hunt, etc. would have all pushed millions bundled with the Zapper.

Well that is my point...

The argument was framed that Link's Crossbow Training sold 5 million because it had Zelda attached to it. I was arguing that it wasn't the case. So, we agree from two different angles.

Let the crow feast begin!!! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197327&page=1

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Way to go. Expect a number the franchise never reaches then blame Wii u when the game "under achieves".

This fellah is crazy in my opinion.

He's Crazy alright, so crazy it already surpassed his expectations with half a year with the US (that we know of) having legs...... :p

noname2200 said:
I want to bang three chicks at once tonight.

Our odds of success are roughly equal.

So how did that foursome hold up?

Dayum.... Im really going to  not stop :'-(

if someone has time, could you call out the users who disagreed, and make an original post quoting their comments. This would be a lot of fun.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's obviously selling so well because they finally made Tingle a playable character.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Today's special.