By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

AnthonyW86 said:

This game will score a 6 on average, 6.5 if it's lucky. Really don't get why they let them use link for this.

1. All Dynasty Warrior games get between 5.5-7.5 so its kinda expected. 

2. Cuz it might be Canon, and this game can do those events with the war (which is mentioned).

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

This game will score a 6 on average, 6.5 if it's lucky. Really don't get why they let them use link for this.

I more on lines of a "8" for a score

PigPen said:
AnthonyW86 said:

LOL NO!

Even as a fan of both series I just cant see this happening. If it does it would show clear reviewer bias for the Zelda franchise. A good Musou game these days is high 60's so for this to have a meta higher than 70 would look kinda sus.

ktay95 said:
PigPen said:
AnthonyW86 said:

LOL NO!

Even as a fan of both series I just cant see this happening. If it does it would show clear reviewer bias for the Zelda franchise. A good Musou game these days is high 60's so for this to have a meta higher than 70 would look kinda sus.

I'm not sure if it's that.  I saw a castle, link going in a chest holding a boom and diiferent characters.  I'm thinking a spin off of a Zelda game.  And the more I see the pics the more it's looks better.

PigPen said:
ktay95 said:
PigPen said:
AnthonyW86 said:

LOL NO!

I'm not sure if it's that.  I saw a castle, link going in a chest holding a boom and diiferent characters.  I'm thinking a spin off of a Zelda game.  And the more I see the pics the more it's looks better.

Well as much as i hope it does get good reviews, DW games get 55-75, and only1 game got up to 78. The highest to expect for Metascore is 85. And Thats only if they follow more of an LoZ game. Its definitely looking good so far.

Not to mention i'll die f***ing laughing if it gets anything above an 80. People will be raging online!!!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PigPen said:

Well as much as i hope it does get good reviews, DW games get 55-75, and only1 game got up to 78. The highest to expect for Metascore is 85. And Thats only if they follow more of an LoZ game. Its definitely looking good so far.

Not to mention i'll die f***ing laughing if it gets anything above an 80. People will be raging online!!!

If that is the case, then the "reviewers/media out to get Nintendo" argument goes down the toilet. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
PigPen said:

If that is the case, then the "reviewers/media out to get Nintendo" argument goes down the toilet. 

That or 

1. Its just too much Zelda love 

2. The game doesn't straight up use 100% DW elements. 

Reason #2 is up in the air cuz we dont kno wats going on yet. If it has alot of LoZ elements then i can see why the game does well (from a metascore view)

The game is being overlooked by Nintendo, so all doors aren't closed yet

Edit: The ps2 games got a 70+76 while this here http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-conquest

Same company too, and that game definitely deserves to be an 80+, so dont think for a second that Hyrule Warriors gets a high score its cuz just being Zelda

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

That or 

1. Its just too much Zelda love 

2. The game doesn't straight up use 100% DW elements. 

Reason #2 is up in the air cuz we dont kno wats going on yet. If it has alot of LoZ elements then i can see why the game does well (from a metascore view)

The game is being overlooked by Nintendo, so all doors aren't closed yet

Edit: The ps2 games got a 70+76 while this here http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/pokemon-conquest

Same company too, and that game definitely deserves to be an 80+, so dont think for a second that Hyrule Warriors gets a high score its cuz just being Zelda

Too much Zelda contradicts the argument still.

I must say I'm bit surprised that NIntendo fans are looking forward to it so much since they hated the last Tecmo Koei collboration.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Too much Zelda contradicts the argument still.

I must say I'm bit surprised that NIntendo fans are looking forward to it so much since they hated the last Tecmo Koei collboration.

Thats not fair at all, just cuz 1 f*** up doesn't mean everybody has to keep a grudge on one thing, beside Pokemon Conquest is really good. Imo the best spin off of tne franchise (pokemon snap lovers dont attack me :P)

As for Hyrule Warriors, there might be a huge differences compared to the DW games (im not tlking cuz this is Zelda on it), they are doing things that might of not happened before. The news over the past week suggest that this game might literally take a different path frm the standard DW franchise.

I mean Nintendo is helping them out and it might be Canon.

When it was first revealed, people just saw it as DW painted with LoZ, but after this week its convincing many gamers to keep an eye out for the game. :)

Its a Zelda game. Every Nintendo faithful will most likely pick it up......... 1 million easily.