By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

Lifetime I think it's a lock. May not happen this year though.

Around the Network
lightofhonor said:

Orly?

lightofhonor said:

what? lol

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
lightofhonor said:

what? lol

lol probably should have elaborated. We all know if shipped 1 million, but that isn't sales. VGchartz may even be overtracked. So I think it will get to 1 million sales, but I don't know what the new year sales falloff would be.

Better? lol probably not.

glad it sold well, hopefully the shipped number becomes sold number soon.

I have lots of love for tecmo koei

Around the Network
lightofhonor said:
EricFabian said:

what? lol

lol probably should have elaborated. We all know if shipped 1 million, but that isn't sales. VGchartz may even be overtracked. So I think it will get to 1 million sales, but I don't know what the new year sales falloff would be.

The game is at...

132k+ in japan (as of first week in 2015)

400k+ in US as of Dec NPD

Thats 532k right there (sold) We dont have numbers for Europe, but its definitely doing decently-good there, and we dont have numbers for everywhere else. The game is most likely around the 800k-900k in sales atm (including digital). Its reasonable that there are 100k-200k on store shelves)

That said, depending on the west, it probably can hit a million before Summer. Maybe sooner if its actually closer to 900k now. The game is getting a ton of dlc support as well :0

lightofhonor said:
EricFabian said:

what? lol

But that doesn't matter to Tecmo Koei, because they sold 1 million units.

RolStoppable said:
lightofhonor said:

Shipments are sales for a company, so Koei-Tecmo reached the goal already.

True if that's what they are going for, although return to manufactuer is definitely a thing.

Either way, I'll accept that I was wrong. :)

DolPhanTendo said:
SJReiter said:

Hasn't it only sold like 130k in the US so far? That's awful. Isn't it basically confirmed overtracked on VGC? I thought NPD numbers always trumped VGC numbers anyway...There's a reason Nintendo never mentions it in PR statements...

Actually what trumped VGCHARTZ, a leaked number by someone? Let's wait for Nintendo's actual numbers to be released before we decide the number. I'm just saying in the U.S it has sold near what VG numbers are.I'm not saying it is right ,just saying from doing a little research I believe there is reason it is leaked and that's what we should not go by.

From doing a little research? What a load of total BS. If you want to do some research then research who Creamsugar is and what he's been doing for years now instead of that crap you call "research", Bayo 2 has only sold 135k in the US by now, accept it and move on.

DolPhanTendo said:
After reading all these quote unquote predictions it seems that Nintendo Hate is real and My Splatoon thread is also full of it. Hyule Warriors, if we ever get numbers update is probably at a million now and will likely be close to 3 mill. LTD.

Yeah that totally makes sense, they just announced 1 million shipped so it's probably at 1 million sold through now, are you serious? And 3 million lifetime? Jesus think these things through before you post.

Mario Galaxy 3, Animal Crossing Next, Hyrule Warriors 2, Luigi's Mansion 3 ... maybe Mario Kart 9 even.

Nintendo could have a pretty killer slate of games early on for their next handheld/Fusion platform if it does launch for 2016, as the sequels for all these IP should be ready to go by that time. By summer/fall 2016 all these teams will have had 2 full years off from their previous projects (if not more).