By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo Koei Wants to sell 1 Million Copies of Hyrule Warriors

DevilRising said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Tecmo? A million this early in the generation? ......BAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHH!!!!!

It's hilarious that so many of you actually seem to think a game with Link on the cover, and a Zelda association, DOESN'T have a chance of doing 1 mil. + lifetime sales. Of course it does. It's not Zelda. But it's "Zelda".

Tecmo Dynasty Warriors games by themselves cant even sell well on established consoles for Tecmo. They just arent that popular. Nintedno is a newer crowd and they are less reliable than half of what they sold last gen. You're expecting way too much from the Nintendo. Even Link cant same Dynasty Warriors. 

This games creation is an act of desperation on both Tecmo and Nintendos part.

Around the Network

I think it all depends on how good it is and even still, it will have a tough time getting to that mark...

EDIT: "This games creation is an act of desperation on both Tecmo and Nintendos part."

Or it is a partnership that is almost sure to make back its development cost...I'm not sure why you or anyone is trying to paint this partnership in a negative light

So far we have only seen the teaser in the direct, here's hoping that Nintendo have a badass trailer at the digital event to show us. That might start the ball rolling, and gain a bit of interest. I predict 800k.

It's possible. It doesn't look like they'll market this as a spin-off, (If they do market it) the art style isn't too cartoony, and it might sell well in Japan (But Japan doesn't like Zelda much, so maybe not)

I have to see more to consider it. Passing the dev rights to another company makes me critical. I still haven't purchased MGS: Revengeance.

Around the Network

I hope it does well. It looks fun.

I'm surprised at how many people think 1 million is unrealistic. The Zelda license will push it to a million.

I think it can happen, considering how the Zelda GameCube remake has almost sold a million copies on the Wii U.

nice

I don't think it's gonna happen. I expect the absolute max to be 0.7mil.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

It'll do that easy. Zelda, yeah it'll do fine.