By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

NintendoPie said:
freebs2 said:
Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

Hahahaha, no. Nothing will ever be as big of a bomb that the GC was. (It's sad that the GC did bomb though.)

- Nintendo remained profitable through that time
- We got arguably more great games than Wii if you're a Nintendo core fan

Real bombs are ones that threaten the company's future.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
NintendoPie said:
freebs2 said:
Now they have to show something really amazing at e3 or I see this going to fall behind the Gamecube.

Hahahaha, no. Nothing will ever be as big of a bomb that the GC was. (It's sad that the GC did bomb though.)

Never heard of Bandais Wonderswan? The Virtualboy? Apple Pippin? N-Gage? And a lot more.

I don't even remember to consider those consoles, that's just how bad they bombed.

(I was meaning for the Top 3 companies.)

Soleron said:

I truly do agree with you on your second point. The GameCube was and is my favorite console.

But I was talking about unit sales. 

Soleron said:
NintendoPie said:
freebs2 said:

Nintendo are the great survivor of the video game age. They'll probably always be around.

NintendoPie said:
Mnementh said:

Never heard of Bandais Wonderswan? The Virtualboy? Apple Pippin? N-Gage? And a lot more.

I don't even remember to consider those consoles, that's just how bad they bombed.

(I was meaning for the Top 3 companies.)

Virtualboy remains in this case.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Virtualboy remains in this case.

My opinion that these aren't even consoles also remains.

Japan is up, but no Global yet... :/

It really won't be long now before the PS3 surpasses the 360. I said around October 2013 is when it will happen but I now think it will accomplish it during the summer of 2013.

Halo 4 looks like it will sell 160-175k this week.

Barozi said:

The front-page numbers in the database have been adjusted and the new figures added, at least.

Barozi said:

Yeah I noticed that. Pretty wierd...they usually do them together.

Anyway, all the game pages are updated to include global sales for all games this week if you use the game comparison sales tool