By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 5th January

jonnybmk said:
I'm glad my two favorite gaming platforms are #1 in their respective "class".

3DS leading the handhelds, PS3 leading the consoles.

I got my PS3 November '07 and will probably be the last console I will own.

3DS is DEFINITELY the last handheld I will own.

why?  Switching to PC gaming?  Not into exclusives or just going to emulate them?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
pezus said:
Conegamer said:

Is it just me or have the numbers been changed A LOT?

Vita slumps below 90k already, one week after the holidays. It's quite clear any sales increase as a very minor boost...

It's just you. Or Vita was adjusted down a bit in Europe a few days ago, and WiiU up about 4k in Europe. WiiU slumps to 130k too, one week after the holidays. Yet you think it'll stabilize above 100k

I still see it stabilising around 100k; as there's a few unofficial price-cuts, a new ad campaign and a selection of games which can really push the system. 

If it does drop below 100k, it won't be far and it won't be for long.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Metallicube said:
Not concerned with Wii U sales. PS3 had multiple weeks under 100k, even being outsold by GBA at one point, and look at it now. 5 years from now Wii U could have a massive library of quality titles and be selling like gangbusters for all we know. Still way way too early to proclaim doom.

I sense a lot of Sony fans are relieved that the Wii U is performing like this so all the focus on the Vita's poor numbers can be shifted over to Wii U, despite the fact that Vita is still doing much worse

Most home console fans don't really care about handhelds.  I can tell you exactly how many units each home console has sold.  I have no idea how many Vita or 3DS units have sold.  I don't really look at it.  Same for the DS and the PSP.

I can't help but wonder if you'd feel the same way if the 3DS and PSP numbers were reversed? kidding ;)

My point is that PS3 was once in a pretty bad spot years ago, in some ways even worse than Wii U is now, and yet it's shown incredible legs and is on pace to sell 90-95 million.

Metallicube said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Metallicube said:
Not concerned with Wii U sales. PS3 had multiple weeks under 100k, even being outsold by GBA at one point, and look at it now. 5 years from now Wii U could have a massive library of quality titles and be selling like gangbusters for all we know. Still way way too early to proclaim doom.

I sense a lot of Sony fans are relieved that the Wii U is performing like this so all the focus on the Vita's poor numbers can be shifted over to Wii U, despite the fact that Vita is still doing much worse

Most home console fans don't really care about handhelds.  I can tell you exactly how many units each home console has sold.  I have no idea how many Vita or 3DS units have sold.  I don't really look at it.  Same for the DS and the PSP.

I can't help but wonder if you'd feel the same way if the 3DS and PSP numbers were reversed? kidding ;)

My point is that PS3 was once in a pretty bad spot years ago, in some ways even worse than Wii U is now, and yet it's shown incredible legs and is on pace to sell 90-95 million.

However, WiiU isn't really a marathon runner. It kinda needs them 1st party like righttttt now.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Metallicube said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Metallicube said:

However, WiiU isn't really a marathon runner. It kinda needs them 1st party like righttttt now.

Remains to be seen.. I think it'll last longer than Wii since the horsepower is not really noticably bad anymore, and I see the third party being a little better. But yeah, I do feel Nintendo AND third parties need to step it up a bit more with the number or releases.

Around the Network

Santacruz said:

lol? gt5 is adjusted down seems vgchartz got some secret info from pd?

I guess not... the NPD adjustments puts the PS3 sales down and the ioi sales algoritmy for games is based in the hardware sales... so the software sales gone down too.

theprof00 said:
The funny thing about that chalkboard is that , as trolls never seemed able to understand, all those games in totality DID in fact save the ps3.

what do you expect from people who's favorite console relies on 2 or 3 francises

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’