By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator Announcement: Posting in a locked thread MAY result in Moderation

spurgeonryan said:
I would like to point out that I do not remember the last tim we had so many 100, 200 and 300 and even 1,000 post threads like we do now. Proves that the site is much busier and I was right. Being less strict against khuutras will means more business for this site. Mods have the site right now. Not to diminish what mods have done in the past, but we are finally on our way up. Most sales threads are pushing out 100-200 posts again. This is all happeneing even though we are at the end of a generation. Just think how busy we will be next year!

...what does this have to do with posting in locked threads?

Around the Network

didnt even know you can post on locked threads lol.

Yay!!!

The only case where I've seen it happen, it was pretty funny.

But good to know! I myself have no freaking clue how to do it, anyways.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

spurgeonryan said:
I 100 percent endorse this thread. Everyone else in vgchartz league of shadows may follow it as well.

The shadows betray you!!!

Wait, I mean League of Whoozit?

man-bear-pig said:
blkfish92 said:

Thanks for informing us! Here's what you get good sir, you're welcome.

Dat plumage

Beautiful yes?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Khuutra said:
Yes

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEES

If you're that adamant about it, wouldn't you think they should rather fix it?

It's not something you can fix. It's part and parcel with how the entire reply system works, and would require the forum to basically be rebuilt from square one.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
happydolphin said:
Khuutra said:
Yes

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEES

If you're that adamant about it, wouldn't you think they should rather fix it?

It's not something you can fix. It's part and parcel with how the entire reply system works, and would require the forum to basically be rebuilt from square one.

I have a very hard time believing that but if you say so Mr Informacion.

Why can you even post in locked threads to begin with?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

trasharmdsister12 said:

happydolphin said:

See above for more info. In Layman's terms the obvious fix would be to check if a thread is locked in the post php script before executing the rest of the existing code. I'm not sure if that's possible with the setup of the back end as it is but that would be the obvious fix if things work as I'd expect them to.

I read your post tads and I'm a software engineer by trade I'm almost certain that's an easy fix. A simple hook at the moment the post is made to check if the thread is locked (the flag already exists) and you're golden.

No bells, no whistles, a five minute fix I would honestly guess.

happydolphin said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

happydolphin said:

See above for more info. In Layman's terms the obvious fix would be to check if a thread is locked in the post php script before executing the rest of the existing code. I'm not sure if that's possible with the setup of the back end as it is but that would be the obvious fix if things work as I'd expect them to.

I read your post tads and I'm a software engineer by trade I'm almost certain that's an easy fix. A simple hook at the moment the post is made to check if the thread is locked (the flag already exists) and you're golden.

No bells, no whistles, a five minute fix I would honestly guess.

Well, I am not a software engineer...

The original point of the post is that after a thread is locked that you guys should not be able to post in it without exploiting the glitch.  There is a reason that threads are locked by mods.  It's because we don't want them posted in any more, so don't do it guys.  It is a violation of the rules and spamming. 

By the way, I love your avatar.  If you want to view paradise... take a look around and view it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger