By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator Announcement: Posting in a locked thread MAY result in Moderation

O_o...

when did you become a mod?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
O_o...

when did you become a mod?

Like 2 weeks ago

Wait, what? You can post in locked threads?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

How can you post in a locked thread?
Isn't the whole point of locking a thread that you stop further comments?

So is this some kind of bug with VgChartz or do you mods not know how to properly lock a thread?

Yes

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEES

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Yes

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEES

If you're that adamant about it, wouldn't you think they should rather fix it?

Love the title of this thread and how it can be misinterpreted. It gave me a good laugh... "Moderator Announcement: Posting in a locked thread WILL result in Moderation" Not too little not too much, just the right amount.

VGKing said:
How can you post in a locked thread?
Isn't the whole point of locking a thread that you stop further comments?

So is this some kind of bug with VgChartz or do you mods not know how to properly lock a thread?

If you post in a locked thread (using a URL trick) the thread doesn't re-appear on the hot-topics section. So it's harmless, really. I don't know why the mods have such a problem with it (apart from when spurge posted in like 5 locked threads from 2008/9)

Unfortunately, you would never know if someone is posting in an extremely old, locked thread. Hypothetically speaking, there could be dozens of people posting in a particularly normal locked thread from 2007...perhaps discussing infiltration strategies. This could be happening as we speak. And you would never know.

pezus said:
Jay520 said:

Unfortunately, you would never know if someone is posting in an extremely old, locked thread. Hypothetically speaking, there could be dozens of people posting in a particularly normal locked thread from 2007...perhaps discussing infiltration strategies. This could be happening as we speak. And you would never know.

Unless one of them posted in said threads

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.