By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Moderator Announcement: Posting in a locked thread MAY result in Moderation

Mr Khan said:
happydolphin said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

happydolphin said:

I have a very hard time believing that but if you say so Mr Informacion.

See above for more info. In Layman's terms the obvious fix would be to check if a thread is locked in the post php script before executing the rest of the existing code. I'm not sure if that's possible with the setup of the back end as it is but that would be the obvious fix if things work as I'd expect them to.

I read your post tads and I'm a software engineer by trade I'm almost certain that's an easy fix. A simple hook at the moment the post is made to check if the thread is locked (the flag already exists) and you're golden.

No bells, no whistles, a five minute fix I would honestly guess.

Shows that i'm definitely not a web developer <_>.

But remember, this is the site where the whole "this user's post has been removed" thing (which nobody, from site administration on down, wants or is happy with).

I like it...

It makes the fact that people get moderated stand out.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

As I've mentioned this is not something the mods can fix. I personally am a developer but not for this site. If I was given the source code and access to the back end setup I *could* possibly fix it (it depends on where/how things are being done). Unfortunately I do not have access to such things so I'm at the will of the site admins for the time being. It is a site bug, not a lack of skill on a moderator's part to lock a thread (at least I'd hope not... I mean, I hope we mods are capable of pressing some basic buttons ). 

We're obviously taking all your feedback into consideration and I will amend my OP in a bit to be less absolute. We welcome your input on the matter on how to regulate this so keep it coming in a constructive manner. Also, let's try to keep this thread on topic. I wouldn't want to have to go and lock it now...

To answer some questions, I became a mod during the last bunch of mod title grants along with amp316, Smeags, radishhead, Mr Khan and Kasz. I've been busy with work so I haven't been on or as active as the others but I've been active in helping the others as needed and am quick to respond to PMs as some in this very thread know.

I really wish we'd still have a "TalonMan" for this forum. There's so many little bugs that have been bugging (pun intented) me for years that I know I could fix in a couple hours if I could get my hands on the code!

Signature goes here!