By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looking for Gamewise Testers! Sign Up Here!

happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
MasterVG71782 said:

I'm guessing as detailed and in-depth as possible?

For some games this can be hundreds of pages of text.  A bare bones bullet point walkthrough is easier to follow and to read imo.

Should be good Kylie we can improve as we go. I think breadth is better than depth now, without taking it too far. (imho)

I think it really depends on the type of game, though. Coming from doing guides at GameFAQs, I always tried my best to include every single possible detail in my guides, although I had a lot of appendices included (like collectibles, weapons, etc). For something like RPGs (which will undoubtedly be the longest of all the guides most likely), you should have a guide that points to where every item is in an area, and strategies for bosses and the like. I guess it's up to your own discretion for now.

Around the Network

They could apply transparency to the bubble so that we can still see behind it a little.

ioi said:
Boutros said:
They could apply transparency to the bubble so that we can still see behind it a little.

Potentially...

Well, it can always be tried and demoed for a couple days and then everyone decides which they prefer?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's looking a lot better now that we can see our recent contributions and the today's most popular list doesn't have 10 Halo 4's

Breadcrums

I visited Xenoblade, and then went to character Dunban.

Instead of saying Home > Today's most popular > Xenoblade Chronicles > Dunban

It says a more generic

Home > Characters > Dunban

Both are good but the first is more appropriate, since I probs would rather return to xenoblade chronicles.
Also, it would be convenient to be able to switch from one character to the other depending on where you were prior to visiting the character page. If you were on a specific game, you should be able to wheel through a few without having to navigate back.
Just some ideas to make the site even more seemless than it already is.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

Breadcrums

I visited Xenoblade, and then went to character Dunban.

Instead of saying Home > Today's most popular > Xenoblade Chronicles > Dunban

It says a more generic

Home > Characters > Dunban

Both are good but the first is more appropriate, since I probs would rather return to xenoblade chronicles.
Also, it would be convenient to be able to switch from one character to the other depending on where you were prior to visiting the character page. If you were on a specific game, you should be able to wheel through a few without having to navigate back.
Just some ideas to make the site even more seemless than it already is.

Yeah I agree. There should be a Wikipedia-esque bar at the bottom with all entries in that catergory, at least IMO. 

I see there's one on the main page of a game, but not when you're in the catergories.

Hope it's still possible to apply as a tester.

I'm probably the only staff member that never visited the new gamewise page :(

pezus said:

Ehm, when checking out a character, where do I view its main details, such as height, franchises and the stuff we can edit in?

Oh, and I still can't figure out how to add characters to a game. Could someone explain it step-by-step?

http://gamewise.co./create/characters

You can't do it yet. But when you can, click on "Edit this game" on the banner. Then go to "Edit Characters". In the top-right of this pop-up window, there should be a blue bar saying "Create new character". Click on that, and it takes you to that link.

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:

Ehm, when checking out a character, where do I view its main details, such as height, franchises and the stuff we can edit in?

Oh, and I still can't figure out how to add characters to a game. Could someone explain it step-by-step?

:)

You have wiiware Swords & soldiers in your recently followed category!  Holy cow at that giant Pc you have there in your following area! Lulz.

How come you can see this stuff yet we can't? Crazy.

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:

http://gamewise.co./create/characters

You can't do it yet. But when you can, click on "Edit this game" on the banner. Then go to "Edit Characters". In the top-right of this pop-up window, there should be a blue bar saying "Create new character". Click on that, and it takes you to that link.

But I don't want to create a character, I want to add him to a game >_>. And what about all those details you can input there? Where do you see them on the character page after having updated them?

My apologies. That's a good question!

Have you thought typing a character in from the "Add Character" box in the top left, and just selecting the blue name which appears? The information in the text on the right goes under the character. 

Take a look. I just added Samus Aran to the Xenoblade one to check. I will delete her in a few minutes, though:

http://gamewise.co./games/42582/Xenoblade-Chronicles/Characters

You seen that? Good. Because now I'm deleting it. Hope that answered your question! Just need to click 'Save and Exit'. But it doesn't close for some reason, so just click cancel. Refresh, and Bob's your Uncle.