By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looking for Gamewise Testers! Sign Up Here!

IamAwsome said:
okr said:
A question to the DB admins.

Problem: Characters in different franchises with the same name, e.g. http://gamewise.co/characters/549/Max

I wanted to edit this character for Sam & Max Hit the Road, but how can I if characters named "Max" appear in more than 10 different franchises (Advance Wars and Shining Force among others)?

So how are we supposed to add characters with the same name to the DB?

Should we add them as "Max (Sam & Max)", "Max (Advance Wars)", "Max (Shining Force") ...?
Or do you have a different solution in mind?

Your solution sounds ok. I thought of this problem, and figured it would pop up at some point, but here is another poroblem. If we go to that system of naming characters, we would have to scour the entire database for characters that are similarly named, and I know there are plenty. Maybe ioi or another higher-up has a better solution? 

I can't think of a solution other than that right now, though. There are probably a lot of characters that aren't even in the database yet, so something like that would be possible then, although getting everyone to do that when the site goes public might be a challenge.

Around the Network

Also, I think there should be a general SPOILERS warning on the front page of the site when it goes public. This way, every person that submits won't have to hold back with information and no one can complain about having a game spoiled for them when browsing.

I added the page and information for Walter Day. I'm surprised no one else added him already. He was in The King of Kong, after all.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

For table editing on game pages I think a very handy feature would be a vertical center button. Say I have a table and I want to center a picture vertically (like shown below) so it looks better. Also when do you estimate the site will be ready enough to start adding pictures to pages?

Welcome to Forza Motorsport 15 GS
Complete the very first race in the game