By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looking for Gamewise Testers! Sign Up Here!

yo_john117 said:

Yeah. As you can see in the picture below, I have no way to press the "add" button on picture box because it's too far down.

And secondly, when I press the add picture box on another page I was trying to edit, nothing happens.

Well, just for now, I think you can bypass the first issue by just holding down Ctrl and scrolling down the mouse wheel. I have the same problem with the "add picture" box, though. Whether the page lets me add a picture or not seems completely random.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Ah ok, that box shouldn't still be there to be honest - the idea is that all images need to be uploaded to the server first rather than linking external images. I know we have a separate issue in that it won't let you display "icon" size images, just s / m / l so that will need to be fixed but for now you can't add small icon-style images like that.

OK, so don't add any pictures to pages until the site is up and running?

lol. There was a typo in the beta confirmation email I got. How unprofessional. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

For tables, is there a way to only have a border for certain sides? For instance, I want only a border on the bottom, left and right sides, but I don't know if it's possible.

I added a picture and onto the Super Paper Mario page and it looks disproportionately small compared to the rest. Is this my fault or your fault and if it is the former, for future reference, what should I do? Should I go back and stretch out the image and then reupload?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

This isn't a glitch or anything, but how to you add stuff like the character list and platforms/releases to a particular game's page?

ioi said:
homer said:
lol. There was a typo in the beta confirmation email I got. How unprofessional. :P

What is the typo?

"While we're working on the last few tweaks and bug fixes we need contributors like you to help us build out the ulitmate gaming database."

Ultimate not Ulitmate.

A question to the DB admins.

Problem: Characters in different franchises with the same name, e.g. http://gamewise.co/characters/549/Max

I wanted to edit this character for Sam & Max Hit the Road, but how can I if characters named "Max" appear in more than 10 different franchises (Advance Wars and Shining Force among others)?

So how are we supposed to add characters with the same name to the DB?

Should we add them as "Max (Sam & Max)", "Max (Advance Wars)", "Max (Shining Force") ...?
Or do you have a different solution in mind?

I'm up for it!

okr said:
A question to the DB admins.

Problem: Characters in different franchises with the same name, e.g. http://gamewise.co/characters/549/Max

I wanted to edit this character for Sam & Max Hit the Road, but how can I if characters named "Max" appear in more than 10 different franchises (Advance Wars and Shining Force among others)?

So how are we supposed to add characters with the same name to the DB?

Should we add them as "Max (Sam & Max)", "Max (Advance Wars)", "Max (Shining Force") ...?
Or do you have a different solution in mind?

Your solution sounds ok. I thought of this problem, and figured it would pop up at some point, but here is another poroblem. If we go to that system of naming characters, we would have to scour the entire database for characters that are similarly named, and I know there are plenty. Maybe ioi or another higher-up has a better solution?