By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Aims For Six Million Plus Sales For FFXII.

Well, if SE is satisfied with 6 million, then I think they'll be pleasantly surprised...I was expecting more around 7-8 million lifetime.  I think between the ps3 and 360, it should do pretty darn well...by the time it releases in the US and Europe, the combined install base should be around 65-70 million consoles.  And it will probably have close to 1.5 million sales in Japan already.  4.5 million copies between US & EU with both the ps3 and 360 should be pretty manageable over its lifetime.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
nofingershaha said:
Besides Japan where it's a PS3 exclusive, 360 sales world wide sales should be comparable with the ps3. just look at GTA4.
This is my guess.

PS3
Japan 2 million
NA 2.2 million
Europe 0.9 million
Total 5.1 million

Xbox 360
NA 2.5 million
Europe 0.7 million
Total 3.2 million

Total Lifetime Sales 8.3 Million

The reason I came up with these numbers is by using past iterations of the Final Fantasy franchise and Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA4 was also considered a Playstation franchise by most) as references.

Of course with the Ps3 price cut and the gap between the PS3 and 360 getting closer, it could easily make my whole estimate null.

While Europe and Japan predictions are realistic! The NA are just well so over, FFX didn't even get 3 million in NA and Final Fantasy VII just beat 3.0 why would this one get 4.7? Pretty much the same predictions from me on others and Japan. Well maybe others 360 might be lower.

but thats only on PS3 right......combined with the xbox 360 I fully expect it to do 9 - 10 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nofingershaha said:
Besides Japan where it's a PS3 exclusive, 360 sales world wide sales should be comparable with the ps3. just look at GTA4.
This is my guess.

Or Batman Arkham Asylum. ;)

Nah exclusive DLC in both cases.

RE5 sold around 5 mln. on PS360. And still continue selling probably, but definitely will pass 5 mln. LTD sales.

What happened to FFXIII, that it`s only 6 mln. on PS360?

Around the Network

@zorroX

exactly

I think putting it on xbox 360 can potentially expand the gaming audience of this Final Fantasy game.

RE5 has sold tremendously well......FF13 must too!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Naum said:
So it will barely cover the developing and ad costs??

that ain't good.

Because you have the greatest insight on EXACTLY how big the budget and how much the advertising cost is. Brilliant!

EDIT: They will get this easily and make them tons of money.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Considering how much people love RPGs in comparison to their availabilty on HD systems, the reputation of Final Fantasy, and the fact that they would only have to sell it to less than 10% of HD system owners, they could probably do it.

Love and tolerate.

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

Stats87 said:

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

My thoughts exactly.