By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Aims For Six Million Plus Sales For FFXII.

darthdevidem01 said:
but thats only on PS3 right......combined with the xbox 360 I fully expect it to do 9 - 10 million

You're on the good way in scaling down your prediction. You should reduce it again of 3-4 million and you will be spot on! :P 

Around the Network

there hasn't been an ff title in 3 years, of course it will make 6M, I think it will hit 9-10

Oh, here's my prediction.

PS3:
Japan - 2.1 million
America - 1.5 million
Others - 900k

360:
America - 1.3 million
Others - 500k

Total: 6.3 million

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Stats87 said:

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

GTA4 was also considered a Playstation Brand yet it sold 2 million more on the 360 in North America. Of course it could also be because of the DLC.

FF13 Versus' exclusivity is in the air right now since the the execs of Square Enix are trying to see whether or not FF13 wil sell well on the 360.  People like President Yoichi Wada are only concerned with trying to bring back profit considering Square's previous lackluster years.

nofingershaha said:
Stats87 said:

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

GTA4 was also considered a Playstation Brand yet it sold 2 million more on the 360 in North America. Of course it could also be because of the DLC.

FF13 Versus' exclusivity is in the air right now since the the execs of Square Enix are trying to see whether or not FF13 wil sell well on the 360.  People like President Yoichi Wada are only concerned with trying to bring back profit considering Square's previous lackluster years.

Source?

Around the Network

PS3:

EU -- 2 Million

USA -- 1.5 Million

Japan -- 2.5 Million

XBOX 360:

EU -- 1.5 Million

USA -- 2 Million

Just see how FF13 becomes the FF7 for FF again.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:
Basicly he expects it to outsell XII.

Which it will.

Not really. FFXII shipped over 6 millon, he expects the same.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

TBH i dont think the 360 version will eve pull a million. 

nofingershaha said:
Stats87 said:

GTA3 and GTA: Vice City were on Xbox, albeit months after the PS2 version, so there was history there. Also, the base that enjoys those kind of games was already well commited to the 360. Odds are, a fair amount people that like Halo, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six etc. will like/try Grand Theft Auto. Also, at the time, people who didn't have a PS3 or 360 were much more inclined to get a 360 for a GTA4 since the system was much cheaper at the time.

Also, using the previous sales for other JRPG's on the 360, I question whether the the 360 fanbase in America for the genre is there. The only game that I would say sold well is Lost Odyssey with 450k. But I think that had a lot to do with the "Final Fantasy" style of look that it had mixed the relatively fair amount of hype it had because of Sakaguchi making it. (The "Final Fantasy Killer". Although it was a still a very good game)

I doubt  the 360 version will reach 2m, I;ll go with 1m

cuz I think people are switching consoles (again lol)  especially the JRPG fans w/ the recent PS3 cut