By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Aims For Six Million Plus Sales For FFXII.

6 million is a very reachable goal IMO. Should sell ~2.5 million in Japan, 3 million in the US, and 1.5 million in Europe.

Around the Network

I honestly believe they're setting the bar too low... I can see this do 8 million

Enjoy

it will be good to see those sales.

for pc i doubted but it will be nice if they released it.

dobby985 said:
nofingershaha said:
Stats87 said:

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

GTA4 was also considered a Playstation Brand yet it sold 2 million more on the 360 in North America. Of course it could also be because of the DLC.

FF13 Versus' exclusivity is in the air right now since the the execs of Square Enix are trying to see whether or not FF13 wil sell well on the 360.  People like President Yoichi Wada are only concerned with trying to bring back profit considering Square's previous lackluster years.

Source?

if you been followings Square's Yoichi Wada, you'd understand he is trying to bring back revenue to square. If FF13 does well on the 360 there no reason for FF13Versus to come out on it to if it can bring in revenue.

Around the Network

So many people are underestimating the power of a FF game. Not to mention that it is the first real installment in, what... 5 years? And, it is in HD and in a totally new gen.

Just look at the FF best sellers. They have all been on a brand new platforms and early on in the new gen. FF7 is king as it was first on the PS1 and sits at 10 mil and FF10 has the 2nd highest sold at 8 mil. Shock... it was on a new platform, too the PS2 and early on in that new gen. Pattern maybe?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Don't hold your breath for a 360 FF13 Verses. We are seeing a stronger, more aggressive SONY now. M$ has used as much fire as possible this gen, it seems SONY has had to use some, too.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

It can get 3 million on 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Don't be shocked if sales for FFXIII are lower than expected. The jrpg fanbase is dying and is becoming a small (but very vocal considering their internet presence) niche. Final Fantasy may be the exception to the rule but don't be surprised if the series has lost some popularity. I for one am not buying FFXIII at release. I'll wait until it's cheap (or heck maybe I should just skip it entirely) because my experience with jrpgs has been almost consistently dissappointing after the PS1 years. And it's about time I stop giving it so many chances. Many of us who got into the genre with FF7 are now in our twenties and can't stomach a 60+ hour time investment into something with tedious gameplay and mediocre and/or uninspired storylines that stopped being cool after we grew up. There will be plenty of people who grew up with FF7 that will buy this for FF nostaliga sake but the numbers will probably be lower than FFXII (which did 5.11m worldwide).

He also told Reuters that Square Enix aims to have around eight IPs that could provide a continual influx of 2 million unit sales for the company. Development time is two years, so with eight games, they'd be able to have at least one release every quarter.

How in the hell do they plan to release games that fast that can garner that many sales. Did the last Remnant teach Wada nothing?