By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Aims For Six Million Plus Sales For FFXII.

nofingershaha said:
dobby985 said:
nofingershaha said:
Stats87 said:

Does nobody else think that FF13 will sell more on the PS3 even in North America? I realize the discrepancy in install bases, but I just wonder if people will still associate the name "Final Fantasy" with Playstation and get it for that console. Especially since PS3's are down to $299 and thus much more palatable to the consumer. Also for your general FF fan, wouldn't they operate under the notion that Versus is PS3 only? Or would most lack that foresight or even care?

GTA4 was also considered a Playstation Brand yet it sold 2 million more on the 360 in North America. Of course it could also be because of the DLC.

FF13 Versus' exclusivity is in the air right now since the the execs of Square Enix are trying to see whether or not FF13 wil sell well on the 360.  People like President Yoichi Wada are only concerned with trying to bring back profit considering Square's previous lackluster years.

Source?

if you been followings Square's Yoichi Wada, you'd understand he is trying to bring back revenue to square. If FF13 does well on the 360 there no reason for FF13Versus to come out on it to if it can bring in revenue.

You can speculate all you want, but don't claim something like Versus' exclusivity being up in the air as a fact until you have evidence to support it.

Around the Network

Apparently Final fantasy XII only did 4.2 million on the huge installbase of the PS2.

Why would XIII do 2 million more? Are Jrpg becoming more popular now?

I thought they were losing ground overal. After all, there are very nice rpg's coming from the west.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Final Fantasy 12 sold 5 Mio. And the PS2 Userbase was much bigger than the PS3 and Xbox360 Userbase combinend.

I expect FF13 to be a financial Flop and sales about 3-4 Mio.

z101 said:

Final Fantasy 12 sold 5 Mio. And the PS2 Userbase was much bigger than the PS3 and Xbox360 Userbase combinend.

I expect FF13 to be a financial Flop and sales about 3-4 Mio.

It misses out on potential profits due to the long development time but the engine can be used for other FF to recup some costs.

Isn't FF14 using this engine as well?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Oh c'mon. Using FFXII as a guage isn't a good idea. FFIX only sold 5.3 million, but FFX sold 7.95 million. GT3 also outsold GT2. DMC4 outsold both DMC3 and DMC2. MGS4 outsold MGS3.

Most popular franchises get a bump in sales when moving to the next generation for the first time, usually associated with casual fans of the series jumping back in for the updated graphics, etc. I would not be surprised at all if FFXIII sold over a million more than FFXII overall.