By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Aims For Six Million Plus Sales For FFXII.

If it has nothing to do with FFXII, I pray it will reach those numbers.

Around the Network

I think its fair to say it will sell more on the ps3 with it being exclusive to japan and the debut title for each new generation is usually the one that sells the most. Examples being FVII sold better on the ps1 then FFVIII and FFIX, and FFX selling way more then X-2 and XII. Also got to consider that its multiplatform as well. I got a feeling that it won't be as success as FFX for some reason.

PS3 = 5m (2.5m in japan)
Xbox = 1.5 - 2m

lifetime = 6.5 - 7m which is a little higher then what wada is predicting but I believe he is low balling it just to be safe.

The game couldnt come quick enough, JRPGs are in a dire state in the West.

When even an XBOX 360 RPG gets most of its sales from Japan, you know something is wrong.

6 million is their bottom line prediction, which is low.

If it gains good reviews I think it will do between the 8-9 million mark. And, much more on the PS3, maybe even double; 6 mil PS3 / 3 mil 360. Poor reviews, maybe 7 mil.

It basically is a nuke waiting to explode here in Japan. Just look at DQ9, which should pull 5 mil lifetime in Japan alone!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

FF13 should be able to break 8 million within its first year. 5M on PS3 and 3M on 360.

Around the Network
yuna01 said:
I think its fair to say it will sell more on the ps3 with it being exclusive to japan and the debut title for each new generation is usually the one that sells the most. Examples being FVII sold better on the ps1 then FFVIII and FFIX, and FFX selling way more then X-2 and XII. Also got to consider that its multiplatform as well. I got a feeling that it won't be as success as FFX for some reason.

PS3 = 5m (2.5m in japan)
Xbox = 1.5 - 2m

lifetime = 6.5 - 7m which is a little higher then what wada is predicting but I believe he is low balling it just to be safe.

2.5 million in Japan is simply too high, thats breaking the 1/3 barrier by a longshot, heck even seeing 1/3 only happens once or twice a generation (Nintendo are an exception of course = P)

Egghead said:
yuna01 said:

PS3 = 5m (2.5m in japan)
Xbox = 1.5 - 2m

2.5 million in Japan is simply too high, thats breaking the 1/3 barrier by a longshot, heck even seeing 1/3 only happens once or twice a generation (Nintendo are an exception of course = P)

You're forgetting that it'll likely be the last game this gen to move consoles on release (at least in Japan). So it may still break the 1/3rd barrier, but not by as much as you may think.

Scoobes said:
Egghead said:
yuna01 said:

PS3 = 5m (2.5m in japan)
Xbox = 1.5 - 2m

You're forgetting that it'll likely be the last game this gen to move consoles on release (at least in Japan). So it may still break the 1/3rd barrier, but not by as much as you may think.

Youre right, it may be the game that HITS the 1/3 barrier in Japan, but it wont beat it, if Halo 3 cant, i dont know what can.

Again its different if youre Nintendo = P

Scoobes said:
Egghead said:
yuna01 said:

PS3 = 5m (2.5m in japan)
Xbox = 1.5 - 2m

Youre right, it may be the game that HITS the 1/3 barrier in Japan, but it wont beat it, if Halo 3 cant, i dont know what can.

Again its different if youre Nintendo = P

Edit: Mods please delete this DP = )

6 million sales is a good prediction. But this better not influence final fantasy versus XIII's exclusivity. Tired of waterdowned multiplatforms.