By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 going to finish in a distant third place" says analyst

EDIT: Nevermind i screwed up

Around the Network

I showed alot of people Natal and everyone is interested in it.

EDIT: For fuck sake... i need to start reading correctly.

Im really glad there are analysts out there who are finally admitting to the truth about how the PS3 is going to crash and burn baby, thats right! Crash and burn baby! Haha!

Tease.

sguy78 said:
Why do people keep giving this guy so much press?

because he is important to the industry.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Seriously, with so little history to go on, a current market situation that seems to defy the previous, relatively stable gens with their winners and losers, its pretty clear to me that the analysts are more or less clutching at straws.

They also appear to be maddeningly inconsistent in agreeing what factors matter and which don't.

So, working on the basis that a correct guess by accident is simply a happy fluke, I'll more or less ignore this in the same manner as most recent analysis.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished. Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09. The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before. Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now. Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game." So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

lol funny article

It's pretty obvious the PS3 will easily get second. Unless Microsoft pulls something out of there ass (natal won't do much for hardware) and I dought a price cut would do much either (sure sales will jump but it'll not be long till it's selling how it is now). The PS3 has a lot of big things coming in the future to keep it fresh. There can be many price cuts that'll offer some big boost (since it's still $400 and $500,and the X360 cost $200 yet the sales are almost neck and neck with the PS3....not good), a Slim will make the PS3 outsell the Wii week after week in Japan and will greatly improve sales in other parts of the world. Also the PS3 has it's biggest games still to come (FFXIII, FFVXIII, FFXIV, GT5, GoW3 etc (<--damn good line up)). Yup sales are just going to keep going up, up and up (10 year plan plays a big part in everything aswell to keep the PS3 selling good for a long time). Another thing the X360 has been out for a year longer then the Wii and PS3 (remember) so I'd say if the X360 hasn't peaked last year it'll definitely peak this year.

Do you ever post anything positive about the PS3 ? Those retarded ''PS3 is doomed'' threads are so 2007.

Why does everyone keep saying Forza is the definitive racing game? Because Microsoft said so at their E3 confernace? Gran Turismo will always be the definitive racing game! And Microsoft saying otherwise will not change that fact.

I don't even like Sony that much, but seing stuff like this just makes me want to defend them a little. Even though they killed Sega :(

I LOVE ICELAND!