By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 going to finish in a distant third place" says analyst

Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished. Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09. The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before. Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now. Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game." So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

Red- No, it hasnt...  PS3 was outselling it for a while when it got the pricecut. Plus, aligned launches = PS3 in front

Blue- The 360 aint nowhere near the Wii in the 2nd biggest market, Japan.

Orange- 360 pricecut did wonders

Green- Im sure you would know all about that

End- Im not even sure if your post was serious, so i decided to reply anyway

I thought Europe/Others was the second biggest market?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

1) It's pretty sad that you're talking about "launch-aligned." No one cares about "launch-aligned," we care about "who's kicking whose a**, and the answer is clearly the 360.

2) Japan is a console graveyard, a virtual nullity. If you can't carry it in your hand, it doesn't count.

3) Damn tootin'! It's letting it beat the Wii in the second biggest market in the world!

4) It is a phrase I say to the ladies often, but I'll leave my tremendous prowess out of this thread, my good man.

1.You are just jealous that PS3 is beating your horrible excuse for an entertainment system in aligned. Use all the excuses you need, for i wont listen. The only thing the 360 is kicking is the bucket!

2.Japan = win because it has PS3 at 3Million and 360 at a pityful 1Million. You are just jealous (again) that your console isnt getting any ground!I mean, who cares if its doubled the Xbox sales, as we know what happened to that too! (It lost to the cripling blow that is Sony's determination and love of the game)

3. JAPAN = 2ND BIGGEST MARKET  maybe your 14000th rrod has blinded you and you cannot see this !

4. Pics or gtfo

1) Hey, it doesn't matter how strong you come out of the gate: what matters is how you finish. Ask the Spanish soccer team.

2) So the truth comes out: you only like Japan because of its (current) standings. I suppose you think France is the third-biggest market, don't you?

3) I'm only on #3. And my repairs all came free. Enjoy your large failure rate and God-awful customer service.

4) Hey, I said I said that. I omitted to mention the results...>_>

1. Trust me Sony will finish well. I expect the PS3 to sell at least 18Million units next year thanks to EyePet and eclipse the Wii which will sell 17.8Million.

2. Ive ALWAYS loved Japan as a market, they are fair... and like GOOD QUALITY products. As for France, no... i dont. They are too busy buying other things like sex, champagne, garlic and snails to care about consoles.

3. Large failure rate? EXCUSE me mister, but my PStripple has never once even been ill. And our customer service is amazing, they dont get too over worked as our PS3s always pull through in the tough times, and i can understand them on the phone

4. Ahh so you were fibbing. Any more of that and i will have to report you to the trey brotherhood. Trey 4 Life!

darthdevidem01 said:
@wholikeswood

nope, gebx posted it

he goes through every place on the internet to find Anti-PS3 news however terrible the source & posts it

You realize he just made the entire thing up. There isn't a source posted because he is the source.

It's a joke.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the the PS3 will finish a distant 3rd.

As long as the PS3 is being outsold by the 360 every month it WILL NEVER catch up to the 360. Even if the 360 stopped selling today and the PS3 continued to sell at the same rate it is right now, it would still take about a year to tie the 360.

Anyone who disputes this is a blind fanboy. The math just does not work out. The PS3 would have to startselling double or triple what it is now if it wishes to surpass the 360.

That "Sebastian Kramer" dude is a fictional person created by Rol. Gebx is just expanding on that.

That is what I think anyways...

Around the Network

@outlawauron

a joke?

puh-lease its gebx & its anti-ps3

it isn't a joke......anyways so it isn't froma source....{phew}

atleast he didn't go this far this time

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Many analysts say the PS3 will catch up. VGC user responses "They are just stupid and they don't know what they're talking about"

One random analyst says the PS3 won't catch up. VGC user responses "Looks like somebody has no way to respond to the truth, so he's going ad hominem instead.. How sad..."

darthdevidem01 said:
LOL @ him

PS3 has second place locked on

I still firmly believe this, why? because frankly, xbox 360 is doing poor in terms of outselling PS3 by RAW UNITS ATM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.  The PS3 has second place locked because the 360 is only outselling it by a little bit at the moment?  Isn't that like saying "we're losing a dollar per unit sold, but we're going to make up for it in volume"?

I understand that PS3 fans want to believe the PS3 is going to survive, do well, etc.  After all, who wants his/her favorite console to not do well?  But this is starting to remind me of a Three Stooges episode where Curly is getting his clocked cleaned by a profession boxer, and when he gets knocked down for the umpteenth time, he tells Moe, "don't worry, I've got him right where I want him!".

Eventually the PS3 is going to have to make up the 8m gap if they want second place, and they need to get started doing it soon.  The good news is the delta between consoles, percentage wise, will continue to drop over time, even if the 8m gap remains.  It's a bit painful when you have close to a 30% difference, as it now exists at 360=31m and PS3=23m, but if it gets to 360=41m and PS3=33m, well, that looks a little better.  And if they manage to hit 360=51m and PS3=43m, well, that doesn't look too bad at all.  But you're never going to see Sony do what they did last gen where the PS2 was way out in front... and that's what troubles a lot of people.  That Sony could fall from so high to 3rd place this gen.

Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

1) Hey, it doesn't matter how strong you come out of the gate: what matters is how you finish. Ask the Spanish soccer team.

2) So the truth comes out: you only like Japan because of its (current) standings. I suppose you think France is the third-biggest market, don't you?

3) I'm only on #3. And my repairs all came free. Enjoy your large failure rate and God-awful customer service.

4) Hey, I said I said that. I omitted to mention the results...>_>

1. Trust me Sony will finish well. I expect the PS3 to sell at least 18Million units next year thanks to EyePet and eclipse the Wii which will sell 17.8Million.

2. Ive ALWAYS loved Japan as a market, they are fair... and like GOOD QUALITY products. As for France, no... i dont. They are too busy buying other things like sex, champagne, garlic and snails to care about consoles.

3. Large failure rate? EXCUSE me mister, but my PStripple has never once even been ill. And our customer service is amazing, they dont get too over worked as our PS3s always pull through in the tough times, and i can understand them on the phone

4. Ahh so you were fibbing. Any more of that and i will have to report you to the trey brotherhood. Trey 4 Life!

1) Had you said you expect it to sell like that because the Purple Dildo will attract the lucrative nymphomaniac demographic, I would have been willing to contemplate the possibility. But this...? Fail, man, FAIL!!!

2) Yeah, "good quality products."

Like hentai dating sims, and Emo Teen Saves The World Part MCVIII: This Time The Guys REALLY Look Like Girls.

3) Well of course your PS3 hasn't failed yet: you have to use a product before you can wear it out!

4) Not fibbing. Just...lying through my teeth. Totally different.

I tried to do a Rol but no one jumped on my bandwagon. :(

(Except Rol *kisses*)