By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 going to finish in a distant third place" says analyst

crumas2 said:
Personally, I think Sony has a chance to make a comeback with the PS3, but I'm giving them less than 50-50 odds due to their current financial situation, i.e. - they don't have a lot of cash to burn on deep discounts, R & D, etc.

This is one of Sony's major issues. Microsoft has cash cow divisions (aka office) that can support the rest while most of the Sony divisions are hurting.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
I think it´ll finish in 3rd place, but not really 'distant' from 2nd place.

You guys who are good at math can easily answer this....there´s an 8 million gap between the 360 and the PS3...so by how many units would the PS3 need to outsell the 360 on a weekly basis not only to catch up but to surpass it, before let´s say the end of 2012?

Ask Kowenicki, he has a table/graph what has all the data you need.

Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished. Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09. The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before. Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now. Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game." So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

Red- No, it hasnt...  PS3 was outselling it for a while when it got the pricecut. Plus, aligned launches = PS3 in front

Blue- The 360 aint nowhere near the Wii in the 2nd biggest market, Japan.

Orange- 360 pricecut did wonders

Green- Im sure you would know all about that

1) It's pretty sad that you're talking about "launch-aligned." No one cares about "launch-aligned," we care about "who's kicking whose a**, and the answer is clearly the 360.

2) Japan is a console graveyard, a virtual nullity. If you can't carry it in your hand, it doesn't count.

3) Damn tootin'! It's letting it beat the Wii in the second biggest market in the world!

4) It is a phrase I say to the ladies often, but I'll leave my tremendous prowess out of this thread, my good man.

Wait, is Patcher gushing over Forza 3. >_>

GT5 isn't going to do well, because Turn 10 are arrogant?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BladeOfGod said:
noname2200 said:

*Also i am sad little Sony hater who has nothing better to do than piss off people on internet with my stupid posts about Sony being piece of sh*t-and I think i can get some attention here by provoking people and trolling, because every time when i dont troll (which is very rare) nobody pays atention to me.

I improved you post

Looks like somebody has no way to respond to the truth, so he's going ad hominem instead.. How sad...

And how do you 'improve me post'?

Around the Network

The ps3 still has a small chance for second place. If it doens't happen to turn before mid 2010. Not a bit, really big. Then it's over.

Look how Sony is pushing the psp (go). That probably means they have given up on it already.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

noname2200 said:
Carl2291 said:
noname2200 said:

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished. Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09. The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before. Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now. Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game." So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

Red- No, it hasnt...  PS3 was outselling it for a while when it got the pricecut. Plus, aligned launches = PS3 in front

Blue- The 360 aint nowhere near the Wii in the 2nd biggest market, Japan.

Orange- 360 pricecut did wonders

Green- Im sure you would know all about that

1) It's pretty sad that you're talking about "launch-aligned." No one cares about "launch-aligned," we care about "who's kicking whose a**, and the answer is clearly the 360.

2) Japan is a console graveyard, a virtual nullity. If you can't carry it in your hand, it doesn't count.

3) Damn tootin'! It's letting it beat the Wii in the second biggest market in the world!

4) It is a phrase I say to the ladies often, but I'll leave my tremendous prowess out of this thread, my good man.

1.You are just jealous that PS3 is beating your horrible excuse for an entertainment system in aligned. Use all the excuses you need, for i wont listen. The only thing the 360 is kicking is the bucket!

2.Japan = win because it has PS3 at 3Million and 360 at a pityful 1Million. You are just jealous (again) that your console isnt getting any ground!I mean, who cares if its doubled the Xbox sales, as we know what happened to that too! (It lost to the cripling blow that is Sony's determination and love of the game)

3. JAPAN = 2ND BIGGEST MARKET  maybe your 14000th rrod has blinded you and you cannot see this !

4. Pics or gtfo

First I would like to say it isn't the original posters job to post articles or commentaries he does not necessarily agree with. He doesn't even have to be unbiased. He isn't a journalist, and he is not acting as one. He is posting on a debate forum so he should be posting material that argues his stance. Instead of bitching and playing the victim why not motivate yourself to go dig up a counter argument to match his own. Why should he do his job and your job. This griping does not invalidate his point.

Second I want to see evidence that this is not the case from those bitching or making wild claims. Not supposition, not what you feel, not what you want, not what the magical bunny living under your bed told you. If these claims are so wrong you must certainly have some kind of proof for this. To me the statements seem fairly obvious, and they are backed up with facts.

Third is anyone going to debate the facts. The PS3 has lost in global weekly sales according to this site for well over half a year now. In fact difference between the consoles grows every week. Follow the bread crumbs, and the conclusion is thoroughly logical. By the end of next year the PS3 will be fifteen to twenty million behind the 360.

Fourth does anyone think we are going to move beyond the PS3 will win once this happens crap is going to end this year or next year. Seriously it really has gotten old.

That's a joke post, right?

Seriously, it MUST be a joke post.

A market research firm called "Now That's Hardcore" that collects data primarily through internet message boards? Article riddled with links to vgchartz threads. That MUST be a joke. Right?

It's also kinda evil to open with Pachters name to give it some weight. Makes skimming the article kinda hard.

And there's no source for the article, so is it actually GebX who wrote it? And he's an outspoken anti-PS3 dude.

Must be a joke.

This is invisible text!

BxN said:
Do you ever post anything positive about the PS3 ? Those retarded ''PS3 is doomed'' threads are so 2007.

He really doesn't... His post history shows this! Anytime he appears on the forums it is always anti-PS3... It is getting tiring!