By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS3 going to finish in a distant third place" says analyst

The OP always post some kinda hate thread on Sony.....

either way a distant 3rd is just as crazy as people thinking the ps3 will catch up with the wii. Sony will not be more then 8 million (or so) away from the 360 all the way intill this gen ends.

Around the Network

laughable. And what he says about blu-ray should cost him his job. A $300 Blu-ray player which happens to play games and download HD movies/shows? how about when it its $250 or $225? he assumes this generation will end in 2011 or something, like MS would have made any money enough out of the 360 by then to be in position to replace it with a new console. Ridiculous. Both companies are in this for the long run, and I honestly can't see how the 360 is overacheiving anything just by being the cheapest console in its 4th/peak year.

It's sad that these joke predictions from "NTH" end up sounding more accurate and believable than those of a certain well known analyst.

noname2200 said:

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished. Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09. The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before. Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now. Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game." So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

Red- No, it hasnt...  PS3 was outselling it for a while when it got the pricecut. Plus, aligned launches = PS3 in front

Blue- The 360 aint nowhere near the Wii in the 2nd biggest market, Japan.

Orange- 360 pricecut did wonders

Green- Im sure you would know all about that

End- Im not even sure if your post was serious, so i decided to reply anyway

Does any one really believe that 360 will finish anywhere but 3rd place ? seriously it wont any you all know it.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

I think this guy is right, and that Sony is finished.WRONG Contrary to what all the Sony die-hards say, the 360 has been outselling the PS3 since day one WRONG, and it's only increasing its lead over time. The 360 can challenge the Wii in the second-biggest gaming market worldwide: it might even reach 40 million units worldwide by the end of '09.WRONG The PS3 isn't even a gnat on its windshield anymore.

And don't start any of that "pricedrop!" bulls***; like this guy said, a price drop only gives you a slight increase on what you had before.WRONG Quick, what's 1.5 times nothing? Two times nothing? A million times nothing? Yeah, zero. Price drops didn't save the Gamecube, because no one wants to play the kiddy games that Sony offers now.NOT MAKING ANY SENSE Doesn't matter how cheap you are if no one wants you. Oh, and if price drops are so easy, why have they taken so long? For that matter, any penny Sony drops will be matched 1:1 by Microsoft. Checkmate, b****!

And software? Multi-platform games almost always sell more on the 360 than on the PS3. Developers hate that piece of s***: even die-hard Sony fanboys admit that! The future's even more bleak, since developers are already working on Natal while they haven't even received their Dildo Development Kits. Shoot, the 360 has a game taht's approaching 10 million sold: the pathetic PS3 top seller is a multiplat that's at half that. And that multiplat STILL sold better on the 360, despite the franchise previously being a "Sony game.WRONG" So much for brand loyalty!

Dear Mr. PS3,

Bend over and grab ankles, 'cause you're f***ed.

Sincerely, Reality

*Also i am sad little Sony hater who has nothing better to do than piss off people on internet with my stupid posts about Sony being piece of sh*t-and I think i can get some attention here by provoking people and trolling, because every time when i dont troll (which is very rare) nobody pays atention to me.

I improved you post

LOL...Pachter was a ps3 cheerleader for year...now this...oh my!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
LOL...Pachter was a ps3 cheerleader for year...now this...oh my!

You underestimate the power of the Patcher.

Some people are so anti PS3.

The way people go on about Sony being so fuck@d, they would have to be the Jenna Jameson of the console world.

I think it´ll finish in 3rd place, but not really 'distant' from 2nd place.

You guys who are good at math can easily answer this....there´s an 8 million gap between the 360 and the PS3...so by how many units would the PS3 need to outsell the 360 on a weekly basis not only to catch up but to surpass it, before let´s say the end of 2012?