By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2024 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

Renamed said:
Pinkie_pie said:

LOL and people questioning if Xbox series could sell 40m its smashing Xbox one in Japan

Did you just pull a globally in Japan type post?

If it's doing much better than xbox one in Japan without any reason then its surely not doing much worse than Xbox one anywhere else. Xbox one sold 60m worldwide and people questioned if xbox series could even sell 40m? 

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Renamed said:

Did you just pull a globally in Japan type post?

If it's doing much better than xbox one in Japan without any reason then its surely not doing much worse than Xbox one anywhere else. Xbox one sold 60m worldwide and people questioned if xbox series could even sell 40m? 

That form of surface level extrapolation will leave you with highly inaccurate results.  It's not recommended. 

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

The XBSX is so bad now that it is questionable if it will pass the lifetime Japan sales of the Switch when it's all said and done. Read that again.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 01 August 2024

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

Renamed said:
Pinkie_pie said:

That form of surface level extrapolation will leave you with highly inaccurate results.  It's not recommended. 

I'm also looking at how much it's sold already and how much more it's gonna sell in 2025 with GTA6. Currently it's around 30m and you telling me it's not gonna sell at least another 10m for another 3 years even with GTA6 ?

XtremeBG said:

The XBSX worldwide sales are so bad now that it is questionable if it will pass the lifetime Japan sales of the Switch when it's all said and done. Read that again.

Edited for clarity, as I had to read it thrice to understand what you truly meant.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Renamed said:

I'm also looking at how much it's sold already and how much more it's gonna sell in 2025 with GTA6. Currently it's around 30m and you telling me it's not gonna sell at least another 10m for another 3 years even with GTA6 ?

Dude, XBox series sales have dropped off so much the weekly sales are already almost at Wii U level now. GTA6 will help just as much as Mario Kart 8, Smash and Splatoon did on the Wii U.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Dude, XBox series sales have dropped off so much the weekly sales are already almost at Wii U level now. GTA6 will help just as much as Mario Kart 8, Smash and Splatoon did on the Wii U.

Xbox series isn't doing anywhere near as bad as the wii u. It's already sold more than twice as much. Still got the rest of this year, 2025 and 2026 at least. And GTA6 will be bigger than mk8, Smash and splatoon combined

Pinkie_pie said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Xbox series isn't doing anywhere near as bad as the wii u. It's already sold more than twice as much. Still got the rest of this year, 2025 and 2026 at least. And GTA6 will be bigger than mk8, Smash and splatoon combined

Please read the highlighted portion of Bofferbrauer2's post.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Renamed said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Please read the highlighted portion of Bofferbrauer2's post.

What was wii u level? And I already told you and him why it's not gonna stay this way. GTA6 easily this generation most anticipated game. GTA6 gonna sell at least 10 million on xbox more than any wii u game

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 01 August 2024

It is dead in Japan. The  PS5 digital has out sold both XSX ans combined.🤦