By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo France CY 2023: NSW HW 855K, 7.81M LTD, Zelda TotK No.1 with 968K at retail

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

It's basically "waah, my favourite multi-billion dollar franchise is such an underdog and us fans are such poor, persecuted victims"

Naw it was posters at restera saying it won't be a big deal and historically spider man has been a niche market in video games.  Sure it didn't happen Here but most people visit that forum since it's the most active.

So in other words, it’s a strawman?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

It's basically "waah, my favourite multi-billion dollar franchise is such an underdog and us fans are such poor, persecuted victims"

Naw it was posters at restera saying it won't be a big deal and historically spider man has been a niche market in video games.  Sure it didn't happen Here but most people visit that forum since it's the most active.

I just feel like Resetera drama should be left on Resetera, it's a horrible forum and I wouldn't want their kind of toxicity taking hold here.

It doesn’t even make sense considering that Spider-Man has been a big hit in the past as well.

Spider-Man: The Movie-8.20 million

Spider-Man 2-6.43 million

Obviously it had a big increase with the new series but it’s not like Spider-Man was a poor selling franchise when the games are high quality and had the hype of successful movies behind them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

It doesn’t even make sense considering that Spider-Man has been a big hit in the past as well.

Spider-Man: The Movie-8.20 million

Spider-Man 2-6.43 million

Obviously it had a big increase with the new series but it’s not like Spider-Man was a poor selling franchise when the games are high quality and had the hype of successful movies behind them.

Can’t remember where the Niche-Man name came from but a lot of people have opted to use that name instead when they refer to Spiderman, mostly in a mockery way. A few inflexible people get a bit angry about the name, but it’s an internet thing I suppose. 

It’s well known that the Spiderman IP is very popular, but credit has to be given to Insomniac for delivering such great games. 

So the lesson to be learned is simply not to refer to the linguo and other forums references that aren't discussed here.

It impoverishes the current debate.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh looking back, sorry if I took it too far, but just the same, let's not bring another site's dirty laundry here.
VGChartz may not be the biggest or most active forum, but it is fairly free of drama compared to a lot of other gaming sites, let's keep it that way.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Spider-man 2 was practically given away for free just a month after the launch, so the numbers aren't even impressive like Mario Wonder.

Oh boy here we go again. The classic downplaying tactic returns. Spiderman 2 sales aren't even good guys.

Zippy6 said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Spider-man 2 was practically given away for free just a month after the launch, so the numbers aren't even impressive like Mario Wonder.

Oh boy here we go again. The classic downplaying tactic returns. Spiderman 2 sales aren't even good guys.

I remember the sony leak showing the average  price spiderman sales was like 36.50$ in the sony leak. ok so i found it, yea 22 million at 36.50$ is basically giving it away for free lmao.

This is net revenue per unit (sell-in / net revenue).

Bloodborne​
$34.65​
Days Gone​
$36.61​
Death Standing 1.5​
$41.79​
Death Stranding​
$40.59​
Demon's Souls Remake​
$54.25​
Detroit Become Human​
$29.55​
DRIVECLUB​
$24.94​
Ghost Dir Cut (Remaster)​
$67.42​
Ghost of Tsushima​
$52.22​
God of War PS4​
$28.40​
GOW 3 Remastered​
$14.94​
GT Sport​
$27.36​
Horizon​
$24.93​
InFAMOUS Second Son​
$32.62​
LittleBigPlanet3​
$20.21​
MLB 21​
$104.38​
Predator: Hunting Grounds​
$53.01​
Ratchet & Clank 2016​
$17.43​
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart​
$53.23​
Returnal​
$56.10​
Sackboy​
$41.80​
Spider-Man​
$36.46​
Spider-Man: Miles Morales​
$38.38​
The Last of Us 2​
$43.39​
The Last of Us PS4​
$21.58​
Uncharted 4​
$31.36​
Uncharted Collection​
$19.93​
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves​
$24.60​
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy​
$21.16​
Until Dawn​
Last edited by zeldaring - on 26 January 2024

Stupid question but do you think France over time has gone more Nintendo than other game companies in the games that they have bought?

BiON!@ 

curl-6 said:

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh looking back, sorry if I took it too far, but just the same, let's not bring another site's dirty laundry here.
VGChartz may not be the biggest or most active forum, but it is fairly free of drama compared to a lot of other gaming sites, let's keep it that way.

Sounds boring.