By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo France CY 2023: NSW HW 855K, 7.81M LTD, Zelda TotK No.1 with 968K at retail

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh looking back, sorry if I took it too far, but just the same, let's not bring another site's dirty laundry here.
VGChartz may not be the biggest or most active forum, but it is fairly free of drama compared to a lot of other gaming sites, let's keep it that way.

Sounds boring.

If you want drama, Resetera's just a click away.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Sounds boring.

If you want drama, Resetera's just a click away.

I liked neogaf but they were bunch of right wingers that support genocide and i get banned cause i said  israel would target civilians and have targeted civilians. I like having some good arguments as long as there is no personal insults.  

hellobion2 said:

Stupid question but do you think France over time has gone more Nintendo than other game companies in the games that they have bought?

The Wii/DS combo did extremely well in France back when they launched.

A lot of people always say that Europe is Sonyland but Successful Nintendo consoles/handhelds have done extremely well there.

kazuyamishima said:
hellobion2 said:

Stupid question but do you think France over time has gone more Nintendo than other game companies in the games that they have bought?

A lot of people always say that Europe is Sonyland but Successful Nintendo consoles/handhelds have done extremely well there.

Yeah Europe is considered Sonyland but like you said Nintendo has some huge hits there as well. According to this sites numbers, DS is #2, GB is #4, Switch is #5 & Wii is #6.

The difference though is that Sony is more consistent in Europe, with the exception of Vita, all of their consoles have sold over 25 million while Nintendo has been more hit and miss.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo doesn't have as deep roots historically in Europe as they do in America and Japan, as the NES was not the phenomenon there that it was in the other two. PS1 opened much of Europe to console gaming, hence that's the brand most older gamers have nostalgia for, at least in the home space.

Switch did well to surpass PS1 and PS3 in Europe given this context.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
hellobion2 said:

That's because Nintendo does well pretty much everywhere when it has a hit system these days.  On the other hand, Sony can "underperform" with the PS3 and it still wins Europe for home consoles.

Which is why Europe being Sony-land is applicable.

Europe is Sonyland.
Japan is Nintendoland.
America is up for grabs and changes hands all the time, making it the most interesting to watch.

archbrix said:
kazuyamishima said:

That's because Nintendo does well pretty much everywhere when it has a hit system these days.  On the other hand, Sony can "underperform" with the PS3 and it still wins Europe for home consoles.

Wii out sold PS3 in Europe, 33 million to 31 million.

curl-6 said:

Europe is Sonyland.
Japan is Nintendoland.
America is up for grabs and changes hands all the time, making it the most interesting to watch.

Yes America is the most competitive market so is interesting to watch at the moment. It's weird to me when people will hyperfocus on one region sales and spend basically all of their time only discussing sales in those threads where their favourite platform is performing best. I.E Nintendo Fans in Japan sales threads, Sony Fans in Europe sales threads or back in the X360/Early XBO days Xbox Fans in USA threads. Surely the more interesting to watch is the one where the market is closest, not where your chosen platform is dominating. But I guess it's human nature.

ShadowLink93 said:
archbrix said:

Wii out sold PS3 in Europe, 33 million to 31 million.

Oh really?  I stand corrected then; I could have sworn that the PS3 won that market in the end.  But when you consider that it was only Nintendo and Microsoft's best selling home consoles of all time that could compete with Sony's worst selling console, it shows just how strong Playstation is in the region.