By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo France CY 2023: NSW HW 855K, 7.81M LTD, Zelda TotK No.1 with 968K at retail

Big congrats to Zelda and great news for Mario too.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Zyphe said:

No PS5 in sight.

The PS5 was No.1 in France for the 2023 year.

I just read that. Would have been cool to have numbers.

Zelda and Mario making the big numbers in France proving as usual that this is their best market in Europe as usual.

Was great to also have the numbers for Kirby The Forgotten Land as well. Surprised it missed the Top 10 but it's an improvement!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I never knew the Wii outsold the PS2 and PS4 in France, that's interesting to see.

Good numbers for the Switch versions of Hogwarts Legacy and FC 24 too, outpacing a lot of major first party titles.

kazuyamishima said:

Niche-Man 2 physical sales are close to 300k

Literally nobody said Spiderman was niche, quit it with this silly strawman.

curl-6 said:

I never knew the Wii outsold the PS2 and PS4 in France, that's interesting to see.

Good numbers for the Switch versions of Hogwarts Legacy and FC 24 too, outpacing a lot of major first party titles.

kazuyamishima said:

Niche-Man 2 physical sales are close to 300k

Spider man in terms of big video games sales was niche before spiderman ps4, that's way its success was a huge surprise. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Spider man in terms of big video games sales was niche before spiderman ps4, that's way its success was a huge surprise. 

It was never niche, it just wasn't super huge until the 2010s superhero craze.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Many people on resetera were calling it niche and it wouldn't be a big title that's where the niche man meme came from.

Zelda is still king

BiON!@ 

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Many people on resetera were calling it niche and it wouldn't be a big title that's where the niche man meme came from.

I don't recall anybody here on VGChartz labelling it as niche though, so using it here comes off as a bit of a strawman. 

Spiderman has done incredibly well, but I think almost all of us expected that just because it's a massive brand and had a big push behind it.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Nintendo Switch compared to lifetime sales of other platforms in France, the list is missing a few platforms that i couldn't find Lifetime sales for.
(millions of units):

Nintendo DS - 10.60
Nintendo Switch - 7.81
Gameboy - 6.50
Nintendo Wii - 6.40
Playstation 4 - 6.07
Nintendo 3DS - 5.75
Playstation 2 - 5.50
Playstation 3 - 5.23
Playstation 1 - 5.00
Playstation Portable - 3.58
Xbox 360 - 3.37
NES - 2.40
Xbox One - 1.80
Master System - 1.60
Nintendo Wii U - 0.83

Did the PS2 really only sell 5.5m in France? I knew Nintendo was pretty big there but they're more dominating than I thought if that list checks out

Too bad no numbers for Sega systems apart of the Master System and no GameCube, OG Xbox or N64 numbers. It would have been nice to see if that was just the PS2 underselling or France in general not playing that much on home consoles at the time.