By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What has been the best game you've played that came out this year?

What has been the best game you've played from this year?

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 98 49.25%

Baldur's Gate 3 23 11.56%

Resident Evil 4 16 8.04%

Street Fighter 6 4 2.01%

Diablo IV 6 3.02%

Dead Space 6 3.02%

Hi-Fi Rush 11 5.53%

Dave the Diver 0 0%

Final Fantasy XVI 32 16.08%

Pikmin 4 3 1.51%

Total:199

Tears Of The Kingdom. Just such an impressive game.

Also loved Resident Evil 4 remake.

Been a great year for games so far.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime Remastered and Like a Dragon Ishin. I played a bunch of re-releases of old games like shmups and stuff. Some new games like AEW Fight Forever. Sword and Fairy 7. FF16 and a few more but this has been about as boring a year as 2020 overall. Hope AC6 lives up.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Tears, not even close.

RE Remake is amazing.  On chapter 10.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 09 August 2023

Baldurs gate 3 has been absolutely amazing. It goes to show what a committed developer can give us in terms of gameplay and scope.

Definitely beaten out Tears of the Kingdom for me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Tears of the Kingdom for me, but this thread has reminded me how many titles from January to July I still need to play. I better get cracking :)

Around the Network

If it's purely something purely from the poll list, then I've got nothing yet since I'm about a quarter in TOTK while I finished other games on the sideline too.

Sooo even if it this is just a DLC per say, Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed is the best game I played to completion this year so far. A tight experience which delivered everything the franchise can be great at and some more for one of the best franchise conclusion in gaming.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I don't play current games, but this year's Thief I&II new fan missions have been great.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I’ve only played Final Fantasy XVI and Hi-Fi rush. Both are fun but I’m giving FF the edge for now.

I need to pick up Diablo IV and Baldur’s Gate 3 (my dnd character is a circle of spores Druid so I’mb excited to build him in the game!) but I have to hold off for a bit. Going to eventually get Street Fighter 6. I’ll probably also buy either RE4 or Dead Space closer to Halloween.

Easily BG3. Not even a contest.

Baldur's Gate 3. I waited over 20 years for that - and so far it doesn't disappoint.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]