By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What has been the best game you've played that came out this year?

What has been the best game you've played from this year?

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 98 49.25%

Baldur's Gate 3 23 11.56%

Resident Evil 4 16 8.04%

Street Fighter 6 4 2.01%

Diablo IV 6 3.02%

Dead Space 6 3.02%

Hi-Fi Rush 11 5.53%

Dave the Diver 0 0%

Final Fantasy XVI 32 16.08%

Pikmin 4 3 1.51%

Total:199

With Baldur's Gate scoring a 96 on Metacritic, it's been a good year for gaming. Which has been your favorite of the top 10 highest scoring games? I did not include remasters, rereleases, or DLC in this list but I will include remakes. If your favorite game this year did not make this list, feel free to comment in here with your favorites. I've also excluded games with less than 10 reviews just because I want to make sure that these games are kind of popular at least. 

• The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (96 Metascore) 
  • Baldur's Gate 3 (96 metascore)
  • Resident Evil 4 (93 metascore)
  • Street Fighter 6 (92 Metascore)
  • Diablo IV (91 Metascore)
  • Dead Space (89 Metascore)
  • Hi-Fi Rush (89 Metascore)
  • Dave the Diver (89 Metascore)
  • Final Fantasy XVI (87 Metascore)
  • Pikmin 4 (87 metascore). 
Last edited by axumblade - on 08 August 2023

Around the Network

Baldur’s Gate 3 is just toooooooo good!!!! I have no idea how a game like this was even accomplished.

Before that, Resident Evil 4 would’ve had my vote.

Resident Evil 4 so far.
But I want to try Baldur's Gate.

As for Diablo, I'll see if I will continue. Haven't tried Season 1, but didn't really feel like getting back into it for some reason.

TotK. Despite it also having the ability to annoy me to no end, it had me completely forget about PSVR2.

However no BG3 yet, and playing that together in split-screen co-op will be a serious contender to TotK. Got about a month left to finish up with TotK.
RE4 remake in VR can also come out on top, RE8 in VR was truly jaw dropping (completed 4 times)

I really liked both Metroid Prime and RE4, two of my favorite games revisited in different ways, but Zelda:TOTK is on a whole other level. I didn't play anything else for two months straight after getting Zelda until the new Mario Kart tracks came out. I played them a few times and then it was right back to Zelda. I'm still playing it in fact and haven't even bought Pikmin yet because I know it will be put on hold until I've had my fill of TOTK. The building mechanic is just incredible.

Around the Network

Just played the Bahamut fight on Final Fantasy mode and...yeah this is one of the greatest games of all time. Just an epic in every sense of the word. The story, the bosses, the combat, the world, and the voice acting are all just SO well done.

I am Iron Man

TOTK and FF16. Looking forward to Baldurs Gate 3.

Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo.

Has to be BG3.... its just sooooo good :)

Zelda TOTK is the best game since Zelda BOTW...so yeah Zelda pretty easily.