By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, apparently, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is filled with glitches. Have you found any?

Tagged games:

At this point, it would take something even WORSE than a Sonic '06 type disaster for people to wake up and see something is wrong...

And even then, people would still buy it.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Pokemon is the kind of franchise that has their fans in their hands.

Even if Game Freak never fix the issues in Scarlet/Violet, they will still make a lot of money. They can afford that.

I take back what I said, this is fantastic.

Pokemon has long become CoD or sports games with the yearly releases. Games get huge backlash and yet still sell millions!

KLAMarine said:

Pokemon has long become CoD or sports games with the yearly releases. Games get huge backlash and yet still sell millions!

I was kinda hoping Pokemon fans would have higher standards than COD and Madden/FIFA/2K fans.

I guess I was wrong.

Around the Network

That's is why nothing will change with pokemon. 

BasilZero said:

236k for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet in the Uk (116+94+13x2) and the UK is not as Nintendo centric as some other major gaming countries so this indicates huge numbers globally.

UK Sales: Week 46, 2022 (Nov 13 - Nov 19)​

1. Pokémon Violet - 116.000 / 116.000 (NEW)
  2. Pokémon Scarlet - 94.000 / 94.000 (NEW)
  3. Fifa 23
  4. God of War Ragnarök - 39.000 / 184.000 (-73%)
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 -
  6. Pokémon Scarlet/Violet Double Pack - 13.000 / 13.000 (NEW)
  7. Horizon Forbidden West
  8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  9. Nintendo Switch Sports
  10. Sonic Frontiers

I've seen some people suggest that the performance could be linked to the medium of the game (cart vs. digital). Apparently people playing the digital version experience lag and hiccups more often because the data speeds of the SD card is lower than that of a switch cartridge.

mZuzek said:

Debatable. But even then, they have the excuse of multiplatform development, across different generations too. The game looked gorgeous on PC and ran mostly well. Pokémon is an exclusive, it has no excuse.

I'm not excusing Pokemon. Just saying Cyberpunk on Xbox One and PS4 was in a very bad state both graphically and glitch wise. 

Doctor_MG said:
mZuzek said:

Debatable. But even then, they have the excuse of multiplatform development, across different generations too. The game looked gorgeous on PC and ran mostly well. Pokémon is an exclusive, it has no excuse.

I'm not excusing Pokemon. Just saying Cyberpunk on Xbox One and PS4 was in a very bad state both graphically and glitch wise. 

It was, but my point wasn't so much the technical side of things, I meant more as in how the game is presented. Cyberpunk was very glitchy and sometimes looked hideous on PS4, but you could still tell it had a strong art direction somewhere in that mess. Pokémon on the other hand, you watch the opening and it's just, what the hell is this... Caps lock text everywhere written in the most generic font imaginable, weird transitions from 3D scenes to poorly pre-rendered 2D images, with aliasing and all, the music goes back and forth between different themes seemingly at random. That whole intro is a hot mess and it's not because of glitches, that's what I mean.