By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, apparently, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is filled with glitches. Have you found any?

Tagged games:

youngbr said:

My little brother is playing it and I am playing God of War, it is insane the difference between these two games. You can feel how much love and attention Santa Monica put on God of War and how rushed and without passion this Pokémon looks, but as we know this site is a Nintendo forum and they can't never do wrong.

Literally zero positive comments about the games in here.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Game Freak is pulling a Sonic Team with this franchise

Funny you mention Sonic Team.

I just finished Frontiers and without spoiling anything, I find that to be a MUCH better and more enjoyable game than some of the Pokemon's more recent outings.

The game that always gets brought up in terms of Sonic shitting the bed is '06. 

Underneath the game breaking glitches, obnoxious load times, and just the broken mess that game is, is an actually decent Sonic game. - Good graphics, decent level design, fantastic soundtrack. If Sonic Team had taken an extra year or two to polish and iron out that game, it would've been one of Sonic's better outings as opposed to one of his worst.

Isn't that par for the course with GameFreak?

I was enjoying it even though the frame rate drops was unsettling. It drops even more when zooming out while walking on the map but when I lost hours of progress because the game crashed multiple times I went back to the store for a refund

KLXVER said:
youngbr said:

My little brother is playing it and I am playing God of War, it is insane the difference between these two games. You can feel how much love and attention Santa Monica put on God of War and how rushed and without passion this Pokémon looks, but as we know this site is a Nintendo forum and they can't never do wrong.

Literally zero positive comments about the games in here.

Looks like an interesting lack of comments here overall, actually, at least compared to games like Cyberpunk and Fallout 76.

Two titles that went on to receive a huge amount of post-launch support and improvements, now that I think about it.  I wonder if the same thing will happen with this game or if they'll simply move on to the next paycheck. 

Realistically, there is no compelling reason to continue working on Scarlet/Violet because it's not going to significantly impact sales numbers.  It would be a waste of time and money when your target audience is going to buy your product regardless.

Around the Network

When these games were first announced, I preordered them almost straight away. A few months later I thought better of my decision and cancelled the preorder to wait and see. Now after all this palaver I’m absolutely uninterested in these games, and that makes me sad as I absolutely love Pokémon as a franchise. Something really needs to be done about this. This franchise has so much potential for an incredible gaming experience, and GF for whatever reason either can’t or won’t provide this. It’s a sad day that a new game gets released on a Nintendo platform that is this utterly pathetic.

Oh no! Who would have imagined that GameFreak's ever-faster release schedule combined with their lack of general practice on 3D and their reluctance to expand with their near infinite resources would eventually catch up to them, despite all of the corner cutting?

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 20 November 2022

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Pokemon Legend of Arceus released January 28, 2022 and Scarlet and Violet this month Gamefreak team are loaded. They are workaholics ^_^ IDK if they want to slow down? but more sales.

Did you see the video on twitter with the ghost mount ? haha

Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't that par for the course with GameFreak?

It is, and once again the shown glitches don't come close to the things that we've seen in the typical AAA third party blockbuster blunders, such as Watch Dogs or Mass Effect Andromeda.

On one side you have the former Pokémon fans who've finally come to realize that GameFreak is technologically inept (which GameFreak always was), but act as if the developers only recently got lazy or whatever they want to call it. On the other side you have Nintendo haters who'd love to see hyped Nintendo products to be just as disappointing as prominent AAA third party failures. We've gone through all this three years ago already.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.