By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, apparently, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is filled with glitches. Have you found any?

Tagged games:

I’ve probably played a solid 10-12 hours so far since Friday.

What I’ve seen:
Sometimes background characters disappear but their shopping bag will still be floating by

I’ve found 1 Pokémon below the ground, I attached and he popped up

The frame rate stutters quite a bit and can be distracting

One time catching a Pokémon on a slope camera dropped halfway underground

The chugging/frame drops are the most annoying part but doesn’t make the game unplayable.

Graphically the game is a bit of a joke, it looks like a wii era game.

Honestly these issues do have to be addressed but the game is a lot of fun, I would have also liked some more things from PLA to be in it as well. I thought PLA was the best Pokémon game since gold and silver. Even if it is considered a spin off.

Trust me, I’d 100% rather wait 5 years for the next Pokémon game and get a real amazingly developed game but it’s never gonna happen.

Around the Network

I miss when Game Freak made sprite-based games and had a 4 year generation cycle instead of a 3 year cycle. They clearly didn't know how to make big exapnsive games back then either, but it didn't matter as much.

Love and tolerate.

BasilZero said:

I'm gonna be dreading how they remake Gen 5.

Gen 5 imo is one of the best gens (minus the sequels - found them to be worse than the first pair of games).

Gonna be interesting how they implement it too since Gen 5 had two releases, will they combine the stories/plots or make an entirely new one (or just use the first game's story).

You say interesting. I feel it's going to be that, but in the sense of looking at a crime scene is interesting. It's morbid, deppresing, and makes you lose hope for humanity, but you can't look away.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

You say interesting. I feel it's going to be that, but in the sense of looking at a crime scene is interesting. It's morbid, deppresing, and makes you lose hope for humanity, but you can't look away.

Its a habit of mine lol.

(Speaking of looking at crime scenes, mystery/detective work always interested me, when I was younger I would watch documentaries of crimes, murders, etc) - one of the reasons why I love Detective Conan LOL).

They might give us gen 5 remake and call it Pokémon grey

Around the Network

Not suprised. They are becoming the Nintendo Bethesda with their games. They have no reason to improve because more then 10 million people will just buy the game. People need to boycott then game so they can put an effort. I was told that arceus has higher resolution for both handheld and docked which is embrassing

mZuzek said:

Cyberpunk at least looked professionally made, before the glitches started popping up. This is just a joke, but it is what it is. People everywhere are still going like "well yeah it's a mess, but it's Pokémon so I'll still buy it". Sword/Shield were horrible but they're the highest grossing games in the series. It'll carry on like this.

Well, I'm more used to not caring about this franchise these days, here's to another 3 years of not paying it any attention.

IDK, Cyberpunk on Xbox One and PS4 didn't exactly look professional to me tbh. 

Doctor_MG said:
mZuzek said:

Cyberpunk at least looked professionally made, before the glitches started popping up. This is just a joke, but it is what it is. People everywhere are still going like "well yeah it's a mess, but it's Pokémon so I'll still buy it". Sword/Shield were horrible but they're the highest grossing games in the series. It'll carry on like this.

Well, I'm more used to not caring about this franchise these days, here's to another 3 years of not paying it any attention.

IDK, Cyberpunk on Xbox One and PS4 didn't exactly look professional to me tbh. 

Debatable. But even then, they have the excuse of multiplatform development, across different generations too. The game looked gorgeous on PC and ran mostly well. Pokémon is an exclusive, it has no excuse.

Like I said, this franchise will never move forward.