By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

Nice highlights in the rain on rocks, kinda need HDR to see the full effect

Uncanny ankles, yet so well mapped onto the terrain

Around the Network

Hard to capture all the effects that go on under water, looks great in motion as well

Great shadowing as well

They could tone down the orange filter a bit. It's only outside but feels a bit overdone at times.

Double post

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 February 2022

CGI-Quality said:

Remember when a certain someone said a thing or two about real-time vellus hairs?

The facial hair is abit over done,  haven't seen anyone with that much fine white hairs on their face

KratosLives said:
CGI-Quality said:

Remember when a certain someone said a thing or two about real-time vellus hairs?

pic

The facial hair is abit over done,  haven't seen anyone with that much fine white hairs on their face

Eh, living in the wilderness like she does, it makes more sense. 'sides, whether overdone or not, it's what you didn't see before. That's really what counts.

@SvennoJ 

This reminds me of what I posted in 2018 (Macy character model). I said skin detail and deformation, particularly on legs and feet, would see a significant upgrade this gen. Here's the start of that.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Someone on Arcade Projects posted "Capcom made the rookie mistake of stretching a 4:3 game on a 16:9 display" along with this image:

Ryu going to one wide boi lol. Makes me wonder how big they're going to make Chun-Li's thighs in this game.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 February 2022

I should have lots to discuss/show regarding Martha Is Dead tomorrow. The game uses some pretty cool stuff, taking advantage of Texel Density (they claim they were able to achieve 4096px/m on PS5, as an example). Thus, the PC version should kick ass (you'll remember I had some stuff on it a few months ago with my demo playtime).

CGI-Quality said:
KratosLives said:

Eh, living in the wilderness like she does, it makes more sense. 'sides, whether overdone or not, it's what you didn't see before. That's really what counts.

@SvennoJ 

This reminds me of what I posted in 2018 (Macy character model). I said skin detail and deformation, particularly on legs and feet, would see a significant upgrade this gen. Here's the start of that.

True. It is amazing how lifelike it looks. Photorealism. I got the game, hoping to start it next week. Currently playing through nier replicant. I'd love to see that game with next gen graphics.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 March 2022

SvennoJ said:

I took some detail shots in resolution mode last night, so much detail

The detail in the hands and fingers surprised me most, very natural how characters hold items

Game looks great. The question is would it look even better with RTX or the cutbacks would make it a worse graphical show in the end?

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 24 February 2022

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SvennoJ said:

Nice highlights in the rain on rocks, kinda need HDR to see the full effect

Uncanny ankles, yet so well mapped onto the terrain

The ankle looks great to me, it is very extended so you won`t see the creases and whatnot.

KratosLives said:
CGI-Quality said:

There is plenty woman with even more, if you look for Marilyn Monroe peach fuzz you`ll see a lot more.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 March 2022

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."