By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

ZyroXZ2 said:

I think people STILL don't realize just how advanced CP77's graphics engine really is. Not even talking ray-tracing (some of the best implemented so far), just the texture work is phenomenal and it does this WITHOUT using "cinematic" lighting (read: added lighting to highlight) to help the textures stand out. When you see what people who've been taking the time with CP77's photomode pop off maxed out on PC, it's as damned close to CG in realtime as you can currently get (Rift Apart takes a close second, though!).

Its the consistent and coherent high quality assets throughout. Even the NPC's look darn good.

I mean look at the incredible detail on this

Around the Network

I agree that CP2077 was out of this world when it launched, but in 2022, it has been eclipsed in the open world space. From what I've seen, Forbidden West's NPCs quite easily top those. And that's before we get to animations and polycount.

hinch said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

I think people STILL don't realize just how advanced CP77's graphics engine really is. Not even talking ray-tracing (some of the best implemented so far), just the texture work is phenomenal and it does this WITHOUT using "cinematic" lighting (read: added lighting to highlight) to help the textures stand out. When you see what people who've been taking the time with CP77's photomode pop off maxed out on PC, it's as damned close to CG in realtime as you can currently get (Rift Apart takes a close second, though!).

Its the consistent and coherent high quality assets throughout. Even the NPC's look darn good.

Yea Cyberpunk is insane. Especially with Ray Tracing on. I have never seen such an amazing looking game.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Damn, wish the next gen ports of CP2077 got GI or RT reflections instead of shadows... Shadows are nice, I just feel like they blend into the environment more (so I guess it's doing it's job... lol?) and are not as noticeble.

GI probably too much for the systems though, even in 1080p.

I need to kick my kid of Horizon FW to take some detailed screenhots. I got it set up the correct way now (Their HDR implementation is temperamental to say the least) and in resolution mode the detail is insane.

Some shots I took earlier (first one is actually in performance mode ps5 set to 1080p SDR)

Resolution mode 4K HDR shots

The problem with performance mode is, all that foliage moves at 60fps creating a shimmering effect due to the checkerboarding and upscaling. I hope they can fix that. Too much fine detail for the old reconstruction techniques to cope with.

Around the Network

Seeing some of these screenshots makes me want to upgrade my PC. But than again I look at how much it will cost for a good PC.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Seeing some of these screenshots makes me want to upgrade my PC. But than again I look at how much it will cost for a good PC.

In Horizon's case, just get you a juicy PS5!

If you do upgrade, however, get this baby right here...

Crysis 2 Remastered

Raytracing is the spice of life!

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 February 2022

Am I the only one here whos having a hard time noticing Ray tracing effects? They just go over my head or since I'm on ps5 the ray tracing modes tend to be minor upgrades. Dont know if I need a beefy PC to enjoy it properly.

On topic. Horizon is so far the best looking game I have played. Props to demon souls. That was a launch title and its still up there. Actually looks better than the latest from software game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Am I the only one here whos having a hard time noticing Ray tracing effects? They just go over my head or since I'm on ps5 the ray tracing modes tend to be minor upgrades. Dont know if I need a beefy PC to enjoy it properly.

It definitely depends on the game and the studio's implementation of it. Metro Exodus makes good use of it, as do Insomniac's Spider-Man games in certain sections.

https://youtu.be/NbpZCSf4_Yk?t=1011

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Yea Cyberpunk is insane. Especially with Ray Tracing on. I have never seen such an amazing looking game.

Gorgeous. I am pretty darn disappointed that the PS5/Xbox Series update only has ray traced shadows, which are so subtle you don't even notice them, hardly worth the hit to 30 fps. If it had the full ray-tracing suite, I would happily take a hit to 900p 30 fps, instead of 1440p 30 fps for just RT shadows.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 February 2022