By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea Cyberpunk is insane. Especially with Ray Tracing on. I have never seen such an amazing looking game.

Gorgeous. I am pretty darn disappointed that the PS5/Xbox Series update only has ray traced shadows, which are so subtle you don't even notice them, hardly worth the hit to 30 fps. If it had the full ray-tracing suite, I would happily take a hit to 900p 30 fps, instead of 1440p 30 fps for just RT shadows.

Yea Cyberpunk isn't quite the same without the Ray Tracing. I do think Red will eventually update the consoles with either RT Reflections or RT GI or both even if they need to drop the resolution. It's just going to take them a while cause they didn't prioritize consoles for this game but I believe they will make it happen.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 23 February 2022

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Remember when a certain someone said a thing or two about real-time vellus hairs?

"why does Aloy have a beard?"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
CGI-Quality said:

Remember when a certain someone said a thing or two about real-time vellus hairs?

"why does Aloy have a beard?"

Lol, that dude got roasted big time on twitter. I feel a bit bad for him for not realizing that all women have peach fuzz on their face naturally, some modern women just choose to shave it off, but women probably aren't going to take the time to shave off vellus hairs in a post apocalyptic robo dinosaur world, lol. 

Figured I would give Forza Horizon 5 some love in this thread, one of the top 5 best looking current gen games imo (alongside Forbidden West and a few others), and what's most impressive to me is that it's not even a next-gen exclusive, but rather a cross-gen title that needs to scale from base Xbox One all the way up to high end modern PC's, much like Horizon Forbidden West needs to run on base PS4 all the way up to PS5. Even more impressive, it manages this level of graphical detail at native 4k 60 fps on Series X:

I can't wait to see what Turn 10 and Playground Games can do with the ForzaTech engine once they get the Xbox One ball and chain unshackled from around their ankles. Turn 10 already gave us a bit of sneak peak of what they are planning to do graphically on the engine as an Xbox Series/PC exclusive with their E3 in-engine teaser reveal:

But that whole in-engine demo was supposedly put together at the last minute just a couple of months before E3, and the game itself had only been in development about 8 or 9 months at that point (before that it was in pre-production while they were working on engine upgrades). I think Forza Motorsport reboot will look even more impressive when it sees a proper gameplay unveiling at E3 this year.

And I'm expecting even greater things from Playground on ForzaTech with Fable and Forza Horizon 6.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 February 2022

eva01beserk said:

Am I the only one here whos having a hard time noticing Ray tracing effects? They just go over my head or since I'm on ps5 the ray tracing modes tend to be minor upgrades. Dont know if I need a beefy PC to enjoy it properly.

On topic. Horizon is so far the best looking game I have played. Props to demon souls. That was a launch title and its still up there. Actually looks better than the latest from software game.

Much of it is because you're on console, where the differences tend to be minor to save performance. You also have to know what to look for. In the case of Crysis 2 Remastered, I posted shots that show raytraced shadows and lighting. 

Here's an example of that, plus raytraced reflections all working together...

(Next two shots are from Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition) This focuses on GI (which was already a form of raytracing before RTX cards brought it to the forefront)

Notice how the light "bounces"? Past games didn't utilize this sort of thing. That calendar, for example, looks much more true-to-life than it otherwise would have.

Then there's full raytraced reflections...

Without it, that image would have used SSR, which while nice when looking at certain angles, would disappear if you moved the camera. In this case, even with other mathematical elements involved (such as the ripples and raytraced shadowing), the water still reflects as it would in life. 

So, it's just a matter of the game and what to look for. 

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

Hellblade II

The Matrix Awakens 

Hellblade 2 impressed me for sure, but I really hope they have an options menu toggle for that chromatic aberration, that would get old super fast. 

Both of these give us a nice sneak peak into what Unreal 5, which will surely be the most used graphics engine this generation, will be capable of. 

CGI-Quality said:
eva01beserk said:

Am I the only one here whos having a hard time noticing Ray tracing effects? They just go over my head or since I'm on ps5 the ray tracing modes tend to be minor upgrades. Dont know if I need a beefy PC to enjoy it properly.

On topic. Horizon is so far the best looking game I have played. Props to demon souls. That was a launch title and its still up there. Actually looks better than the latest from software game.

Much of it is because you're on console, where the differences tend to be minor to save performance. You also have to know what to look for. In the case of Crysis 2 Remastered, I posted shots that show raytraced shadows and lighting. 

(Next two shots are from Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition) This focuses on GI (which was already a form of raytracing before RTX cards brought it to the forefront)

Notice how the light "bounces"? Past games didn't utilize this sort of thing. That calendar, for example, looks much more true-to-life than it otherwise would have.

Without it, that image would have used SSR, which while nice when looking at certain angles, would disappear if you moved the camera. In this case, even with other mathematical elements involved (such as the ripples and raytraced shadowing), the water still reflects as it would in life. 

I should have clarified that I meant during gameplay. If you show me inmages and photo mode and zoom ins then sure I'll notice that.

But I hear it could be my TV. I did buy this tv when the ps4 pro launched. It was one of the earliest hdr lg tvs out there. Also not an expensive one. I'm looking into a better tv.  Hopefully when those micro led come out later this year some good last gen models come down in price and I get to buy a better and bigger tv. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
CGI-Quality said:

I should have clarified that I meant during gameplay. If you show me inmages and photo mode and zoom ins then sure I'll notice that.

But I hear it could be my TV. I did buy this tv when the ps4 pro launched. It was one of the earliest hdr lg tvs out there. Also not an expensive one. I'm looking into a better tv.  Hopefully when those micro led come out later this year some good last gen models come down in price and I get to buy a better and bigger tv. 

My screens are actual snapshots of those games while you play. Just for clarification. I rarely use in-game photomodes and seldom Alt+F2 for Ansel.

As for your TV, you should still be able to make out what's on the screen fairly easily. I don't even use HDR on my two monitors (though I could, but HDR400 is..... yuck) and they're 1440p/27" at that.  

hinch said:

Street Fighter 6

RE: Engine (?) with muscle deformation.

Someone on Arcade Projects posted "Capcom made the rookie mistake of stretching a 4:3 game on a 16:9 display" along with this image:

I took some detail shots in resolution mode last night, so much detail

The detail in the hands and fingers surprised me most, very natural how characters hold items