By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

Hellblade II

The Matrix Awakens 

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 02 February 2022

Around the Network

And here we go again for a great time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Best looking game I've played is demon. I don't know what blue does but they are good.

Oo a 2022 graphics thread. RE Engine games going to look insane this generation.

Horizon Forbidden West

Last edited by hinch - on 02 February 2022

Hope to see some GT7 posts here, their replay mode and scapes are out of this world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Street Fighter 6

RE: Engine (?) with muscle deformation.

Last edited by hinch - on 21 February 2022

I think people STILL don't realize just how advanced CP77's graphics engine really is. Not even talking ray-tracing (some of the best implemented so far), just the texture work is phenomenal and it does this WITHOUT using "cinematic" lighting (read: added lighting to highlight) to help the textures stand out. When you see what people who've been taking the time with CP77's photomode pop off maxed out on PC, it's as damned close to CG in realtime as you can currently get (Rift Apart takes a close second, though!).

And in terms of artstyle, I'm going to have to currently give it to Genshin Impact.  Their BotW influences run strong, and they've begun really growing into their work (music included, though this thread is about graphics).

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:

I think people STILL don't realize just how advanced CP77's graphics engine really is. Not even talking ray-tracing (some of the best implemented so far), just the texture work is phenomenal and it does this WITHOUT using "cinematic" lighting (read: added lighting to highlight) to help the textures stand out. When you see what people who've been taking the time with CP77's photomode pop off maxed out on PC, it's as damned close to CG in realtime as you can currently get (Rift Apart takes a close second, though!).

Its the consistent and coherent high quality assets throughout. Even the NPC's look darn good.

I mean look at the incredible detail on this

hinch said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

Its the consistent and coherent high quality assets throughout. Even the NPC's look darn good.

I mean look at the incredible detail on this

Yea Cyberpunk is insane. Especially with Ray Tracing on. I have never seen such an amazing looking game.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Damn, wish the next gen ports of CP2077 got GI or RT reflections instead of shadows... Shadows are nice, I just feel like they blend into the environment more (so I guess it's doing it's job... lol?) and are not as noticeble.

GI probably too much for the systems though, even in 1080p.