By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

Unrecord looks like those low quality gifs from games. Games kinda look more realistic in low quality gifs as they look when you play it on your own because you just don't realize all the not so realistic stuff then.

Around the Network

More realistic model deformation from UE 5.2.

This is what I've been waiting for. Body and clothes that move and deform more correctly. Looking way more realistic and natural in the process. Usually takes me out of a game when you have amazing face mo-cap.. then you look at the rest of the rigging, with; the clothes/armor moving and deforming like something out of a 2000-2010's era model. Really impressive stuff with ML on the fly.

Last edited by hinch - on 30 April 2023

So far the benchmark is between a plague tale : requiem, returnal, the medium. I'd include others but they are also on last gen systems.

KratosLives said:

So far the benchmark is between a plague tale : requiem, returnal, the medium. I'd include others but they are also on last gen systems.

From a technical standpoint, The Medium was unique, but I wouldn't say it's a benchmark. Can't speak on Returnal as I haven't played it, and A Plague Tale, while stupendous, isn't really a benchmark either. 

I think standout graphical/technical achievements of the 9th Gen that I've played are Cyberpunk2077 on PC (especially since the Pathtracing update that puts it in a park by itself), Horizon: Burning Shores, and Ratchet & Clank.

Each of those clearly couldn't be achieved on 8th gen hardware without compromise (significant in the case of Cyberpunk).

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 May 2023

Looks like we've got a new contender in the online space.

Too bad it's probably another MT riddled grindfest.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Looks like we've got a new contender in the online space.

Too bad it's probably another MT riddled grindfest.

The game really looks fine.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
KratosLives said:

From a technical standpoint, The Medium was unique, but I wouldn't say it's a benchmark. Can't speak on Returnal as I haven't played it, and A Plague Tale, while stupendous, isn't really a benchmark either. 

I think standout graphical/technical achievements of the 9th Gen that I've played are Cyberpunk2077 on PC (especially since the Pathtracing update that puts it in a park by itself), Horizon: Burning Shores, and Ratchet & Clank.

Each of those clearly couldn't be achieved on 8th gen hardware without compromise (significant in the case of Cyberpunk).

Don't you hate it when you spend 10 mins writing a post in reply, only for it to get deleted?  

Wake looking great!